Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone Egypt

Blackberry Bold 9780 blank white screen!

Hi,

Last week, I was just playing games on my blackberry, then that white screen appeared.

I've changed the screen. But still there is a white screen. Just blank. My phone just appeared normally on Blackberry Desktop as usual. Then, I did the resettofactory, and wiped it. But now, my bb doesn't appear on Blackberry Desktop. What should I do? Please help.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100 -> Bold 9000 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9930 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9900 -> Q10
My Carrier: Fido Canada

Re: Blackberry Bold 9780 blank white screen!

To tell you the truth, I have in the past few weeks received two replacement screens for 9780s. One just today. Both ordered off of E-Bay and both were DOA (Dead on Arrival) so I removed one white screen and replaced it with another white one. The other removed a cracked screen and installed a nice shiny new pure white screen.. lol

So I would not be surprised if the screen you just got was dead before you even installed it.

As for the phone not showing up in Blackberry Desktop I would offer this solution.

Take a look at the next set of instructions by Krypto to have a great step by step tutorial on getting your phone up and running again.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

Hope this helps.

Remember, There is never a stupid question, just stupid answers.

("If any advice that was offered by me helped, Please click on the Thumbs up on the post or click Accept as Solution. Thanks and it was nice to help you out ")

New Contributor

I don't think that the screen was DOA. But thanks anyway! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100 -> Bold 9000 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9930 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9900 -> Q10

Did you happen to get your OS reinstalled or regain contact between your Phone and your Blackberry Desktop?

elashry13 wrote:

I don't think that the screen was DOA. But thanks anyway! Smiley Happy

As far as the white screen goes, you can search the threads for any other possible solutions that some may have come up with. Good Luck..

("If any advice that was offered by me helped, Please click on the Thumbs up on the post or click Accept as Solution. Thanks and it was nice to help you out ")

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: 8520

Even I'm suffering frm a similar problem......

My BB Bold 9700 just doesn't reboot.......after charging for a minute it shows a battery sign with a yellow cross.......

Can't understand what's happening?? Neither starts nor does it charges.....

HELP!!!!!!!

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

DaedalusWren wrote:

Did you happen to get your OS reinstalled or regain contact between your Phone and your Blackberry Desktop?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No I haven't reinstalled my OS. When I open my blackberry Desktop, while rebooting my phone, I choose 'Update', but it says that I have no updates Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

Ok, the next step I would recommend in fixing your phone would be to Wipe the phone totally clean and re-install the OS. The steps to do this and a couple of files to accomplish this can be found here...

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F

Please back-up your phone first with Blackberry Desktop and try to avoid restoring your settings for a day to see if the phone with only the OS works fine. If it does you can try restoring your backup and hopefully it will still continue to work as it should.

NOTE: If the programs fail to connect to your phone, shut them down, open your Task Manager and make sure that all the files running with RIM or rim in the title are shut down and restart the wipe program, it should work then.

New Contributor

I wiped my blackberry, but after that, the bb didn't connect to the blackberry desktop.
My Device: BlacckBerry® Passport & PRIV
My Carrier: EE. UK

It won't connect but it should say, Retry or Update or Close. Click update. If it says you have the latest software. Click the box that says view other versions. Then just install.
Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
Trusted Contributor

If the above post did not get you on your way, you can try the following advice.

Do you have the newest Blackberry Desktop installed? If not first do that. Here is the link.

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB06...

After installing the Desktop Software take a look at the next set of instructions by Krypto to have a great step by step tutorial on getting your phone up and running again.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

Failing this and if your phone is out of warranty you can try a temporary fix stated in another thread by whyte_rabbit1987

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/HELP-Glitched-white-screen/td-p/576106  

Good luck and if any more help is needed please feel free to contact me.