Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Blackberry Bold 9780 will not turn on - on an infinite reboot loop!

[ Edited ]

I recently updated my BlackBerry Bold 9780 with the Twitter App update on Thursday (1/12/11) from RIM. The app installed and I then was prompted to 'reboot' my device - which I did. However, once my BlackBerry was 3/4 on the way through re-booting, the red LED light came on, and started to re-boot again from the beginning, and since has been on an infinite re-boot cycle!

I have tried taking the battery out, even for a few hours (e.g.. 48!), and the SIM card, which have done nothing. I have tried to sync it with my BlackBerry Desktop software, but it either say's disconnected, or there is a problem.

Also today I left my phone to reboot all day long, and a white screen turned up after it was 3/4 of the way through reboot - But it did not get any further than that. 

Please help, I've only had my phone for a year, and surely a BlackBerry Bold is suppose to last longer than this, and it was a RIM app that I installed that has caused the problem.

Contributor
My Carrier: Ufone

Re: Blackberry Bold 9780 will not turn on - on an infinite reboot loop!

[ Edited ]

I am facing this issue as well with my Bold 9780.

But Bro i got a way to power it on, unplug its battery and connect it to USB cable and open Desktop Manager Software in order to connect. In the mean while u ll get a sign of no battery on phone's screen and u ll get an error message on PC that device is either restarting or has dead battery, Then install Battery and don't remove cable. Click retry on PC. N hopefully ur Bold ll switch On.

But its not a permanent solution, it jst breaks the loop by removing battery, u ll get this issue again. Please let me know if u get a permanent solution or diagnose the fault.

Email: <removed>

EDIT: Personal Information such as e-mail is prohibited for your security. Please review User Guidelines  under section "Be careful."

My Device: Blackberry 9700 bold
My Carrier: bell

Hi i have the same problem With my blackberry 9700 bold that yesterday was working find a red light came on blinking and it wont turn on or charge the phone i tried the PC to charge that it wont turn on i tried everything even taking battery out and let it sit and that not work. Could the Battery need a recall to get it replace it would run out fast and thot something was with the cell phone sense i buy a Blackberry it has problem none apps work well thank you very much for your time.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Thank you for your message 'bornleader'. I did get the message; 'BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device', and pressed 'retry', but got no further, the same message kept coming up again and again. So as the message advices, I clicked on 'Update', so I tried that, but as my phone is on a constant reboot cycle, the device kept on connecting and disconnecting - an error message eventually came on, so I wasn't able to complete the update Smiley Sad

I have read about reloading the operating system (OS6 for my BlackBerry), so maybe I shall have to give that ago? http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry - I don't really want to lose my data, but I can't really think what else to do. Smiley Sad

Thank you.

Contributor

Hey Guyz...

Jst moments ago i jst chkd that an update is available for Bold 9780, OS 6 Bundle 2647. 
Please chech if it removes this restarting loop error...

Plz comment back ! 

Contributor

I performed that update.. But restarting problem is still there.

New Contributor

I have managed to get my BlackBerry working again! So previusoly I had plugged in my BlackBerry into my PC so it could connect with the Desktop software. The programme was having problems reading/ connecting to my device as I mentioned before, and so I tried to intall the software update as recommended, I tried to backup the data, but it only got halfway through installing and an error occured, thus this isntalltion didn't work (probably because it was in a reboot loop, so turning on and off), and my BlackBerry was still not working.

So, I decided to stop what I was doing (and decided to turn in!) But left my BlackBerry to do it's continious reboot loop. When I returned to my Blackberry hours later, again the blank white screen was on. I tried connecting it again to my PC with the BlackBerry Desktop software, with the battery out, and got the 'no battery left' icon, and then put the battery back in, but it just started the re-boot loop. I then got the ''BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device' window, optomistically clicking on 'retry' but nothing was happening - so I just pressed 'Update' this time - which ended up working!! I didn't have the option of backing up my data though, it went straight to updating it with the latest OS6 sofware. It took about 20-30 minutes, and it had to be 'rebooted' for it to kick in! But it worked!

My BlackBerry was back to how it was when I just bought it! Luckily I did a BlackBerry Backup on the PC a month ago (although I wished that I'd backed it up more recently) and I did a BlackBerry Protect just over a week ago, so I retored/retrieved data from those Backups, so I did manage to get most things back (only a weeks gap of data lost really). I had to reinstall/ update all my apps again. All my photos and music and other media files were still there as they were all saved on my Micro SD card (I took the MicroSD card out of my BlackBerry when installing the new update just incase). My text messages, contacts, push-email accounts, memos, some draft e-mail, calendar entries, personalised profiles, and even my password was retrieved from the backups!!! So that was good!

The only downside of the OS6 update is that it has left me with only having the option of having US English (I'm from the UK) so spell checks a bit annoying, and I have no pre-installed BlackBerry games, like Brick.

Hope this works for you too! Thanks.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dont worry about games and language packs... Congrats for ur BlackBerry alive again !

N if u wanna install Games or Language packs or other applications, just download and install BlackBerry Desktop Software 6, as u ll be having it previously.

Connect ur BB and start Desktop Software. and click Applications in the left column, when ur BB is connected. 

U ll get a list of applications, games and languae packs available for your handset. Jst click + sign to install and X sign to uninstall...

N plz like if you get it worked.

Enjoy !

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Airtel-India

Dear Admin.

Please help me out.

My BB-9780 was showing an error after start up which read as "Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error" which used to go after pressing OK.

It was since last 2 weeks, and i felt device had also gone slow since then.

Today morning i took a backup of contacts, calender and performed a wipeout. I had kept the device connected to my workstation to make sure battery does not goes while wipe-out.

After wipeout the actual problem started, the phone restarted with BlackBerry logo & progress-bar but It doesn't completes & get past about 2/3 or 3/4 rebooting and then it loops back and starts the booting process again.

I searched http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry but there is no blackberry apploader in my system. also the OS which was in my device is not available online on page https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do;jsessionid=DE21B633213AE4B3ADAEC17133...

I bought this device with lots of hopes and it has helped me a lot. I won't be able to afford a new one.

KINDLY HELP ME OUT :smileysad:

Contributor

I have 2 BB Bold 9780's (luckily).  The first one I tried to use kept getting the error messages when I tried to download freebies from BB App World.  Then I got it going again and put it aside with all the software I like still intact.  I figured it was a weak device.  I switched to the other and now every time I load all the software I still want on it (Im not maxing it out), I get caught in reboot.  It has happened about 7 times in 2 weeks now.  Any help here?  Is there a way that I can back up all my newer apps so everytime I have to go through the "switch devices" procedure, I do not have to reorganize and update all of my desired applications on the device manager?  Help me please!! - Jennifer