Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790
My Carrier: Kays Catalogue

Blackberry Bold 9790 only works when charging

[ Edited ]

Hi I have a massive problem and could do with some help I use my blackberry quite a lot and basically what's happened is my blackberry when not charging go's straight to a red bar and turns itself off due to the battery being dead, I have two battery's and tried both and exactly the same thing happened with both battery's. I'm not sure what I can do and my blackberry has gone way past its warranty with the supplier but a friend told me I should still have a year warranty with the blackberry company, I am still paying for the phone as I purchased it at the beginning of the year, if it is possible to send it back to blackberry for repair could somebody help me out with details on how to do it please, thank 's for reading and I hope you can come up with a solution 

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: Blackberry Bold 9790 only works when charging

Hi,

For warranty status, please check with the store, from where you purchased your BlackBerry.

Problem may be related to OS as well, so I would suggest you to perform a clean OS reload using KB KB11320, if too not help then arrange a another Battery of well known good condition and try.

Further, you may check with the local BlackBerry service center..!! 

Thanks