Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790, Playbook 32GB and Torch 9800
My Carrier: Tbaytel

Blackberry Bold 9790 problems

Hey guys,

I have a 9790 and have had a couple problems with it. Overall its a nice little phone and a nice upgrade over my 9800. About a month ago I had a problem where my messages in the notification bar (opening screen) would only open at a much slower pace. This was the same for facebook, twitter and email notifications. I did a battery pull and @blackberryhelp was good, the problem went away on its own after about 3 days. More recently it happened to me again, came out of the blue and lasted about a day. The emails wouldn't open at all but the phone would think that I opened it and remove the alert icon. My twitter and facebook updates were fine and opened fast. The problem went away but now i have another issue. The blackberry icon wont open when im dealing with emails either opened from the notification bar or the messages area. I would like to delete some of these the easy way but it wont let me. It works if i hold it down (multitasking) but not to open the menu. Anyone else have these problems? Im trying to figure out if its my phone or if its the OS. I still have a warrent so I would like to have it repaired if its the phone. I'm still running OS 7.0 because rogers is slow as hell.