Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: 3 IT

Blackberry Bold 990 after update completely blocked

HI!

I updated my BB Bold99 with the data from my old blackberry. Everything went well and contacts etc. were available on the new phone. after the first restarting it stopped working. I can insert my password and from that point the phone does not react anymore. The writing "Password accepted" remains on the screen, the only two buttons which are still working, are the BB button, when pressing it longer at first it seems I can switch to Email, Desktop, Messenger but the screen does not change. The second button is the on/off button. If have tried several things, first hard then soft reset. I tried to connect it again to the BB desktop software, changing the system to the last saved status but without success. I am clueless. What else can I do? Please help.

Thank you.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Blackberry Bold 990 after update completely blocked

[ Edited ]

Darn!  If it is still doing that after the battery pull, I am going to recommend a software reload.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: 3 IT

It came back to life.

Thank you!!!

Highlighted
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Good deal. This happened to me too. Its like the screen wouldn't refresh. Glad that fixed it!