Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 Back Button Issue

I have also experienced this issue.  It goes away immediately if you press alt.  I'm not sure what other buttons fix it, but alt works.

New Contributor
My Carrier: T-Mobile

My company won't allow me to update my OS unless it's a T-Mobile release. Any word on when T-Mobile will release an update to fix this bug? It's driving me insane how it just freezes on that screen where it shows the apps I have open and I can't get out of it. Please fix asap!!!

My Carrier: Bell

Thanks for the alt tip, simply works.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem with the "T-Mobile USA" version of the software. I already tried reloading the same software to see if it will fix but no luck. Definitely looking forward to an OTA or some other form of patch to be made available! Side note - the other reason I did the reload was because out of the box the browser would not respond an emails received would not open. This WAS fixed with the reload incase anybody else is having this problem. Otherwise I'm impressed with the touch screen and other design elements of the device. The battery is less robust than my previous devices yet still greatly more manageable than an Android device.

UPDATE:  I attempted the "ALT BUTTON" work around as documented in previous posts and it was successful.  Even though this isn't a permanent fix it is quick and easy enough to keep me rolling until an update is available.

My Device: 9900 Bold

Thanks for the holster and alt tips!  Have had mine 2 days.  It just started the 'home' instead of 'back' issue and it's VERY frustrating.  ALT worked so far...

My Carrier: Telus

I was experiencing the same issue, yes very frustrating.... I have just done a software update to the 7.0.0 Bundle 2406 and since then, the problem seems to have gone away! When I open a mail then use the back button, it takes me back to my inbox of emails....so far, so good.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Sim free 9900
My Carrier: Mobifone

Hi there.

I was stucked on this issue also. And now I've got it done, just 5 minutes ago. I was found everywhere and got no real solution. (regist member ASAP to show you my solution )

Here the solution:

Press and hold down the Back button a little hard and suddently get your finger back as fast as possible. Repeat it few times and it will help.

It was happen and it may come again but this will be the best thing you can do till you want a new keyboard.

GUTLUK!

Love the peoples