Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Blackberry Bold 9900 Back Button Issue

So. I have googled this all morning and it seems as though I am not the only one with this problem.

The back button simply brings up a list of applications rather then doing what it is suppose to (that is: Go Back!).

Please don't tell me to pull the battery because I realize this fixes it temporarily until it happens again. I want to know if RIM is doing anything about this. It is extremely annoying. Don't get me wrong, i love the phone and i love blackberry, always have. But this is very irritating the day after i buy it. 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come up with a fix for this. 

New Contributor

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 Back Button Issue

To add to this. 

For anyone who has this phone. It only happens if you holster the phone, (WITHOUT LOCKING IT) and then taking it out of the holster. If you lock it first and then holster it. The back button is fine. 

It is such a strange glitch. 

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Hello,

I am having the same problem with my BB. It is quite annoying and I do hope RIM is working on  a solution! Other than this problem the phone is Blackberrys best yet. However, one problem that I have that differs from yours is that even if I lock it and then holster it, it still experiences the problem from time to time. If I do not holster it at all, I do not experience the problem. I do think it is a software or programming related issue so hopefully a solution comes up soon!

New Contributor

Vodafone 7.0.0.296 blackberry software

This is an offical software release from vodafone and the bug is fixed! I am running it right now and absolutely no problems! Hope this helps. 

Just google that sentence at the top and it will be the first site that comes up in your search. Hit the download link and follow the instructions and you're good to go !

I sell these phones (and I changed to one as well from my Torch) and I have had 3 out of the 12 I loaded this week already call me about this.  My phone was working fine....then I tried the holster and voila, back button issue.

I hope they fix this soon as it looks really bad when I am trying to extole the virtues of this new and improved phone (but it has a glitch). 

I havent tried the Vodafone update and my clients are not techies so they will only do updates from RIM direct.

FIX FIX FIX

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 on TELUS
My Carrier: TELUS

I have the same issue as well, Cropped up a day after i swaped from my Torch. I downloaded and installed

Vodafone 7.0.0.296 blackberry software, and will see if it fixes the issue.

FYI the back button issue is growing on the web, with the only work around using the lock button twice.

Will let you know if 7.0.0.296 fixes the issue.

"The world is not given to us by our fathers, It is something borrowed from our children."
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Teulus

I just recieved my bb in the mail and got it all set up today and the exact same thing started happening. I cannot wait to hear about a solution to this as it is driving me a bit crazy!

My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Teulus

This might be an obvious answer and might not work for everybody but I figured since it happened when the buttons were fooled with when it was unlocked if I did something similar it would work again. So I locked and unlocked the phone and hit the volume buttons on the side and ta da, it's fine. I just hope it doesn't revert.

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: Bell

No such issues running F/W v.7.0.0.296 ... did occur in v.7.0.0.261, however.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 on TELUS
My Carrier: TELUS

Same here, since loading 7.0.0.296, issue hasnt resurfaced.

"The world is not given to us by our fathers, It is something borrowed from our children."