Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: SMART

Blackberry Bold 9900 Battery Level/Status/Indicator Issue

Hi,

I am having a problem with my BB9900. I have tried searching the forums about battery issues but all I find are issues (or more appropriately, rants) about battery life.

My battery indicator no longer shows the correct battery status. I don't have battery life issues as I still get the average battery life (6-7 hours) that I have from before. After I charge my phone, I get the full battery status of 100% then it decreases to about 90% after a bit of use (which is normal). However, my phone displays the battery status at about 90% for about 5 hours even during normal use, and does not decrease. Then at about 6-7 hours, the battary status suddenly turns red and is at about 5%.

I have formatted the phone and tried removing the battery for an extended time in hopes it will reset the battery status. This does not help. Is there a service menu on the phone where I can forcibly calibrate the phone with the battery? Are there other ways of diagnosing or calibrating a BB battery?

I just find this annoying as I do not know how long I have left with my battery. 

Regards,

chaos

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 Battery Level/Status/Indicator Issue

Hi chaos13,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

I would recommend trying another battery in your BlackBerry Bold 9900 smartphone as it may be an issue with the battery itself causing this.

Let me know if that helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 Battery Level/Status/Indicator Issue

I too am having the same issue. The phone says the battery is at 1% i plug it in and it jumps to 1/2 full. I just put a brand new battery in today and it did the same thing.  it started about january 5th. I havent installed anything new in awhile and have no apps besides facebook and twitter . 

Any further help would be greatly appreciated as this is pretty frustrating,

Thanks,

Parker