Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Zain

Blackberry Bold 9900 Battery problem/repair estimation

I switched the battery of my Canada bbb 9900 with a Kuwait bbb 9900; the Kuwait bb worked fine but after putting the kuwait battery into my bb, my bb stopped working. I put my battery back in my bb and it still did not respond, no red LED light, even after I plugged it into my charger. Absolutely unresponsive to anything I know... alt ctrl delete... holding the power button...taking out re-inserting battery and yeah...

Would anyone know what happened? Maybe I just need a new battery? Hardware got messed? And an estimation price of repair?

It may help to know that the Kuwait bb is designed to take in 240 Volts while the Canada bb was made to take in 120 Volts when being charged by a power outlet on the wall.

Thanks in advance !

p.s The reason for switching the batteries is because the Kuwait bbbold battery died and couldn't be charged (place to plug in charger was messed, other than that phone was perfect) so the plan was to keep alternating the batteries and charge them on my canada bbbold.

Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 Battery problem/repair estimation

No, all of the 9900 batteries are the same, regardless of country they're from, as long as you used the EXACT same battery (the green striped JM-1 battery).

Try this:  Leave the device to charge 2-3 hours, and then, still connected to the charging cable, remove the the battery from the device a few seconds and reinsert it. If it boots--leave it to charge to 100% (check Options > Status for the percentage). If it doesn't reboot on the first attempt, leave it several more hours. I've had one charge for two days before it came back to life after an extreme battery depletion. Every 3-4 hours, with the device still connected to the charger, you can remove and replace the battery to see if it reboots.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: I am rocking the BlackBerry® PlayBook bridged to BlackBerry® Torch Smartphone with BlackBerry® Wireless Headset HS-700
My Carrier: I am on AT&T

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 Battery problem/repair estimation

I have recently noticed that my blackberry bold 9900 battery life has been really poor.Whenever i don't use any of the connections etc it will be turned off. I normally get at least a day and a half sometimes 2 days with use (3G, Wifi, BBM etc). . I know that battery life is a known problem with the blackberry bold 9900 however, it doesn't even last half a day   So am wondering whether any one else has this blackberry bold 9900 battery problem as well since its a known issues and what did you do to solve this?

I've tried updating the OS etc and deleted all apps i don't use but i don't think this is what's causing the problem.

Any help much appreciated

visit our website: DietKart
Thanks