Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve Bold
My Carrier: Airtel

Blackberry Bold 9900 Brand New - Reboots automatically

This is my second BB phone. My first one was BB curve and just upgraded to BB Bold 9900. I took that out of box and turned on with my SIM card. The phone was good for first 3 mins. Then started to reboot by itself automatically. Having a very terrbile experience.

Is there any solution. The phone was purchased in overseas and was brought here by my friend. So no option for me to return it back.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 Brand New - Reboots automatically

Update your OS, see this article on how to update your OS.

How to update BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

Good luck!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Contributor

Team,

I tried to do what was advised. My BB desktop software tells me that there is no update versions for my phone. My phone currently runs: 7.1.0.746, platform 5.1.0546. Please suggest.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

infosguru wrote:

Team,

I tried to do what was advised. My BB desktop software tells me that there is no update versions for my phone. My phone currently runs: 7.1.0.746, platform 5.1.0546. Please suggest.

Hello infosguru

Welcome to BlackBerry Suopport Forums

I think you already having the most recent OS from your Carrier and that is the reason you're unable to find any Updated OS for your device model using the above method .

Still you can try an OS reload on your device it will fix any software glitch . To do that first do a backup of your device using Desktop Software then follow this Knowledge Base :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows.

After reload , do a selective restore. Restore only your Contacts , calenders , memos etc . If problem ceases then you can install a fresh copy of each application rom BlackBerry World.

Please note , if issue persists even after a Reload then you have to investigate some other methods also . So try it and let us know of your progress.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

Appreciate your response. But the phone is brand new. Just opening from  the package. So nothing I did from my end. Not even inserted memory card. Just tried inserting my SIM card and tried. Also checked without inserting the sim card. The phone reboots by itself. Every 15 mins I believe.

Contributor

Also, In my case - The OS on my device is higher than the OS version that appear from the Desktop software. Am unable to find my device version on the software.

1. On my device : 7.1.0.746, platform 5.1.0546

2. On Desktop software receommended software: 7.1.0.714, platform 5.1.0.532 (recommended)

Am confused and very much frustrated for opting BB. Smiley Sad

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

infosguru wrote:

Appreciate your response. But the phone is brand new. Just opening from  the package. So nothing I did from my end. Not even inserted memory card. Just tried inserting my SIM card and tried. Also checked without inserting the sim card. The phone reboots by itself. Every 15 mins I believe.

Hi there,

I know it a brand new device , I already gone through your post . We are trying to help because as you said on your initial post that you can't return your device !  

infosguru wrote:

Is there any solution. The phone was purchased in overseas and was brought here by my friend. So no option for me to return it back.

It may be a Software or even a hardware isuue . We can't do anything if it is related to  hardware , but for Software part we can try . Who know it may work . 

infosguru wrote:

Also, In my case - The OS on my device is higher than the OS version that appear from the Desktop software. Am unable to find my device version on the software.

1. On my device : 7.1.0.746, platform 5.1.0546

2. On Desktop software receommended software: 7.1.0.714, platform 5.1.0.532 (recommended)

It may happen because of two reasons , If you're using a SIM which don't have an active BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS from your Carrier then it will not offer any Update  Or your present Carrier have not yet released the OS version which came pre- installed on your overseas Device .

But if you wish you can install any Carrier OS pack .

So , Under present situation you have few options, you can try the Software part or have to visit any Repair shop to check any hardware fault Or if possible return that device . It may be a manufacturing fault .

I assume you already charged your Battery for atleast 3hrs , Or if you can arrange try another battery on your device. 

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you. I certainly believe that this is due to Software issue. Would be great if someone could help on updating the same. Wanted to confirm did the version mentioned above my device is the latest? or is there any new update.

I tried to update my device without inserting SIM card so far. Also My plan has BIS. Can i install the recommended version (shown by desktop software) even though that is a lower version than the current one?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Yes. You can install it. Maybe that OS is much better.

Good luck!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Contributor

Am getting worse. Even after that update my phone reboots. Do we have any solution for this... This has really taken my breathe. It has O2 (carrier i guess) ROM I guess.

Kindly help.