Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT & T

Blackberry Bold 9900 Enterprise Activation HELP

Okay, so I recently upgrade to this phone and do like it so far.  It is for work and I attempted to sync it up to our server via the Enterprise activation process.  When I initially did it, it looked like it was working but got multiple calls while downloading out of it so inadvertently cancelled out of process.   The process seemed to somewhat work and I am getting company emails(we use outlook) via the phone and there is even a icon on my home screen for the emails.  But I don't think that it completely downloaded all of my calendars or contacts?  It is hard to tell as I had all of my contacts transferred via old phone to new one at AT&T store.  When I go to my email accounts it shows that I have set up my personal email but does not show that I have set up any enterprise account...yet I am receiving and able to send my company's emails.  When I attempted to re-sync with the original password it wouldn't accept it.  I have just gotten the company to resend me a new password and that didn't work as well?  I would just like to re-do the whole enterprise activation from scratch but I don't want to have to reset my whole phone and I can't figure out how or if I need to delete the account that now exists and is transferring emails back and forth.  According to my phone I don't have a active enterprise account?  Basically I need help figuring what I should do next in order to get the enterprise activation completed correctly?  Delete whatever is there and move on...or what.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Solutions: 6,417
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 Enterprise Activation HELP

You need to go to Options > Security > Security Wipe. This WILL remove everything from the devce except the operating syystem.

Then get a new activation from your Admin.

Alternatively, he can remove you from the BES and re-add you and require a new activatation.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Between apps, contacts and music I would prefer to not wipe it clean if I don't have to. Please be specific on instructions for how to remove from BES and the re-adding? If the enterprise does not show me as activated but I still get emails something weird happened in the set up right? Please let me know if there is a way to get it activated correctly without having to wipe clean???
Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: 9850 Torch
My Carrier: Sprint

It possible that when you did the first cancelled activation that the necessary service books were sent to your device for email, but since it got cancelled that's why the contacts and address book isn't complete (those are actually done near the end of the activation).

If you were one of my users, I would have you wipe your device (instructions above from JSanders), and before you kick off the wipe you can un-check having it wipe 3rd party apps.  Any music and pics should be stored on your media card - but you will want to confirm that it's there and not in the device memory.

Once wiped, have your BES Admin (whoever sent you the passwords for activation) remove your account and re-add it on the server, then set a new activation password for you.

Not the answer you were looking for.....If you truly do not want to wipe the device, you can try deleting the service books (under Options, Device, Advanced System Settings, Service Book) that have 'Desktop' in the name.  These are the ones from the BES. Then delete all of your email (go to very top of the list, press Menu button and select Delete Prior).  I would still have your BES Admin remove your account and re-add it on the server, though.  I don't know if this will work., though.

If you find a post here helpful, please consider giving the poster some Kudos
New Contributor

Thanks all...some I am a novice at this stuff and our IT support for my large company is in Europe somewhere so I want to get it straight with you guys before I talk to them as you definitely seem to know more about phones than they do.  First off, I am getting email but when I look at the enterprise activation symbol it says that nothing is activated, so this means it didn't hook up right?  Secondly, what is the harm in leaving it like this?  It just won't communicate addresses and calendars right?  Third, please give me specific instructions on wiping it clean if that is indeed best way.  My music I downloaded from the blackberry desktop so I don't know if it will transfer.  My contacts I transferred from old phone at AT & T store during setup.  They have sent me a new password recently but I need them to deactivate and then reactivate my account and then a whole new and different password right???

New Contributor

Also, if I choose to wipe clean but leave option for user installed applications unchecked when I wipe will it just wipe out contacts and emails or also any other info.  I just don't want to have to reinstall apps and music.  I hope that when enterprise activation goes through correctly that I will have all outlook contacts synched with phone and can also reinstall personal email very easily.  Please let me know as I am a little scared to wipe it.

thanks!!