Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Blackberry Bold 9900, Flashing red light, doesn't turn on, help?

Okay, I got my blackberry as present from my parents. I woke up in the morning started it up, initialised it and was on my merry way with it. I noticed the battery was roughly 40% when I started it up, so I decided to take it to school and charge it. I was in lesson charging it and using it like normal... I turned around at one point and it was off wouldn't turn on and was blinking a red light four times.... I then proceeded to try turn it on multiple times, didn't turn on. 

I got home and tried charging it again, nothing worked, I called up tesco mobile and they said they'll repair it, but I'm becoming impatient and want to know if there is a solution to this. It has shown the charging icon once then froze. And once it went to start up but then stopped halfway and froze. It hasn't started up fully since 

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900, Flashing red light, doesn't turn on, help?

It sounds lilke you are one of many that find their 9900's mysteriously bricked... nobody knows how to fix it - the phone has to be sent off for repair.Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Oh **bleep** it, have you heard anything of this problem being finally rectified?
Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

nope  -  forums.crackberry.com is the busiest Blackberry community and there are a lot of threads there on this issue.

There are even a few BB 9900 users actually "trying" to brick their phones in order to learn more about the problem!

Contributor
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: Globe telecom

Any solution here? My 9900 phone won't turn on too.
Contributor
My Carrier: O2

The only thing that I can suggest is that you take out the battery ........ then connect to your pc using the USB cable with BB Desktop Software running.....  this has been known to bring it to life ...... after which you can then insert your battery. Not guaranteed but worth a try.  It worked for me.

Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

still no "support" from RIM. Mum's the word apparently.

New Contributor
My Carrier: tmobile

It's February 2012, and my 9900 has started doing the same thing. I bought it at TMOBILE store, and the customer support sent me instructions to update the software on the 9900.  But it doesn't work - none of my computers even recognize that the 9900 is connected to the USB port.

So after a L-O-N-G time, TMOBILE said they talked to RIM and RIM knows all about the problem.  From what TMOBILE said, not only is the phone design defective, but the Blackberry desktop software is defective, too.

Now I must wait "about 2 days" for Blackberry to call me directly. TMOBILE won't give me a new phone, even though I'm paying extra for the phone protection plan, until RIM tries to fix it. But here's another kicker - RIM already knows all about the problem. This string goes back to November 2011.  HELLO, RIM? Anybody reading these posts???

Major bummer, b/c just bought a Blackberry PlayBook. Without an actual working Blackberry, the PlayBook's not very useful. There are hardly any apps for the PlayBook, but it would still be useful if it could connect to a working Blackberry...

I've been a Blackberry fan for years. But this 9900 was one of the most expensive phones in the entire TMOBILE store, and it doesn't work, and they're giving me the run-around. ON TOP OF ALL THIS, the 9900 has refused to download any Apps from the Blackberry App Store for the past few months - another problem that TMOBILE tried to fix w/a "wipe" of the device, but it didn't work.

I'll be looking for an iPhone or Android ASAP if Blackberry doesn't resolve this really soon...I need a working smartphone.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Movistar

Hi, 5 min ago I just solved that problem, I was so scared.

I was looking the internet, cause my phone was lighting the red light all time and nothing happened, so I found a "loader" for bold 9900 did something with my phone and leave it on a white screen saying "No application loading No OS found" something like that... So in that screen you can normal update the phone using "Blackberry Desktop Manager".

Search the internet for Blackberry loader 9900, that's how I solved it.. Your phone isn't working so, you are not going to lose anything trying.

Good Luck.

Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10

I had the same issue I took it in to VZW they told me it is a defective phone...........I am not happy and sure my new one will work seems like this issue is wide issue on the new BB. Sending me a new one

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Please give me Kudos if you feel like I helped you

Thank you
cuse165