Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 Headphone-Jack Problem.

It's very strange as my new Klipsch S4i earphones designed specifically for the iPhone work perfecty with the 9900 and 9930 models (go figure??). The genuine BB headphones that I received with my handset doesn’t in that only the left channel works (STILL!!!).

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Sadly, another simple reason why RIM is going down the tubes.....Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: BB9900
My Carrier: Bell

After trying everything i sent it for repair and now is fixed and works with all kind of headphones. The only problem they earase it completley, so you have to have a good backup and re-install some of the programs.

Contributor
My Carrier: telus

I had the same problem with my 6 month old 9900. It developed about 4 weeks ago. I beleive it has something to do with the BBM update. So, I followed your advice and re-installed the OS. It worked! That is until I clicked on App World and it auto updated the BBM and right away my problem came back. So, I can go through the hassle of re-installing the OS but what it means is that I can't download apps or else the problem will just come back. Any suggestions?

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9900
My Carrier: orange

I have been a Blackberry fan for years but after several models and frankly a phone which is falling behind  in the tech race I have decided to change. I now own an Galaxy S3 and it has returned the pleasure of owning a mobile - it works!

Contributor

ATTENTION BLACKBERRY SOFTWARE PROGRAMMERS:

Okay, I've finally found the culprit and a partial solution to this very frustrating problem! I say partial because it means removing BB App World from your device which means that apps can't be downloaded. I needed enterprise software to install my work email account but in order to access it I had to load App World. For all those who think this problem is related to BBM Messenger - wrong. Its App World. So, the fix for me was:

1.open up BB Desktop Software program WITHOUT DEVICE CONNECTED

2. Assuming you have already connected your device once before it should be listed as one of the devices.

3. select it and click on FORGET DEVICE

4. Disconnect it and then reconnect it.

5. the dialogue box will come up that a new device has been detected

6. click on GET STARTED WITH THIS DEVICE

7. I then clicked on add an Enterprise Account and it added my work account just fine. If you don't need to add an Enterprise Account. then just click on the Add Later button. If you do, make sure you have the user account and password info ready

8. The next window allows you to click on various things to sync. I clicked all OFF (no boxes checked)

9. Click FINISH ( this took a very long time for mine - about 20 mintues to complete)

10. NOW, this is the critical part if you want to have stereo music; click on APPLICATIONS and then select App World.

11. in the column entitled ACTION click on the - sign and it will remove App World from the device.

12. NOW you should have stereo but I don't recommend re-installing App World until the incompetent fools at RIM can get this figured out, assuming they can or even care.

This is exactly why RIM is in so much trouble; Inferior devices, obselete software, inferior service and overall bad attitude towards their customers. Shame on everyone who works for RIM. You've made all of us who chose your products over others feel as stupid as you are. I will never buy another RIM product again!  

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: O2

After suffering the same problem following a core software upgrade I identified that it is only the TTY Support app thatis at fault, so a complete re-install is not required, just remove TTY support.

Hope this works for you too.

Good luck Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Contributor

Please forgive my ignorance; TTY support? I'm not sure what that is. Please advise and thank you for your reply.

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: T Mobile

TTY is for the hearing impaired.  This suggestion worked perfectly.  On the home screen,  go to the SEND  key  and then hit the MENU key.  Select Options and go to TTY mode and turn "off".   My headphones work perfectly now.  

New Contributor
My Device: bb 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

My bb9900 is just 2monthes old.but recently the headphone jack does not work.it jst stopped working.I tried all kind of headphones and earplugs. But it just doesn't work.though whenever I try to insert the them and they are already plugged in my ears they make some sound like its working or its gonna work but it does not the sound just keep coming out of the phone speakers.pls how can I fix this