Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 Headphone-Jack Problem.

For what its worth, I had a Bold 9930 from Sprint running OS 7.0.0.241 and my issue was that the headphones weren't being recognized at all.  When I would place or received a call it would just automatically go to speakerphone.  I tried with the out of the box headphones as well as a couple others that I had on hand with no success; conversely I tried the same headphones in a friend's Bold 9930 as wel as an iPhone and they all worked perfectly.  All I did was simply update my Blackberry Messanger version on BB Appworld and viola problem resolved - phone works perfectly with the ear buds and microphone both placing and recieving calls.  Hope this helps anybody else that has been faced with this frustrating issue.

New Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: verizon

After replacing three bolds, I've learned not to "reboot" your Bold after you delete an application. So long as you don't do that, the headset works, but once you allow the reboot, the problem appears.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9900
My Carrier: orange

It definetly is a software problem but if you reload the latest OS every time you find a earphone problem it is restored. I am very disappointed with Blackberry that they havnt fixed this yet. The solution is sont download any apps. If you do be prepared to reinstall the OS. Come on RIM get it together!
New Contributor
My Device: BB9900
My Carrier: Bell

I have to admit that I made a mistake, all my family switched to Iphone, but I said no I support BB, now I see even the stupid headset has problem. Such a waste.

Developer
My Device: 16GB Playbook, 64GB Playbook, Bold 9000 and 9900 Bold
My Carrier: Orange (UK)

[ Edited ]

I have just upgraded my old 9000 to a new 9900 with 7.0.0.585 and I can not get any wired headphones to work.  Whenever I plug in the headphones and run media, the screen shows a flashing display which indiicates the phone is switching between headset and device speaker.  Anybody else experienced this problem?

Bob

https://twitter.com/bb_zealot
New Contributor
My Device: BB9900
My Carrier: Bell

I downloaded and upgraded to new OS 7.1.0 Bundle 921 and all the problems gone. Have a better battery life and no problem with Headphone. You need to do a full backup and it will take more than 3 hours to upgrade.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Vodafone

I've just downloaded and installed the new OS 7.1.0 Bundle 921 this morning but still the left channel of the headset is the only one that works. The right channel just does not work on the 9930/9900. Waiting, waiting, waiting for a solution from RIM........Smiley Sad

Developer

Hmmm I keep trying to upgrade to 7.1 but the updater tells me there are no upgrades available and I have the current version with 7.0.0 bundle 2406 not sure what is going on!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Vodafone

You need to do a search on the latest OS for your Blackberry, download and then follow the handful of installation instructions. It's not automatic.

Developer

OK upgraded to 7.1.0.205 and hey-presto headphone problem resolved!