Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Bold 9900 Loud Profile goes silent!!

Not sure why but at random times does my cell decide to go straight to vibrate. I have my phone always on the LOUD profile and its fine one second but the next i will not hear any texts, emails, facebooks, calls, alarms, ect. it will just vibrate and only vibrate. i literally have to pull the battery out to reboot the system to get it back to normal.

ive gotten numerous phones from rogers (all of same brand) and it happens to all of them, rogers is to cheap to actually give me a new iphone becuase they are rotten bastards and cheap as F* anyways any suggestions on how to fix problem??

thank you in advance

Highlighted
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 Loud Profile goes silent!!

Are you, by chance, pushing and holding the Q key? That will switch back and forth between the profile in use and vibrate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Yes I've done both when it has happened, manually and using the Q key
Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: Airtel

Hey are you using any sort of Holster?

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: mobilink

i am having the same problem, the loud profile stays on loud , but it stops ringing.. and only vibrates.

though i figured it out that if i restart the bb, the fixes the issue but only for some time, like 5 to 10 minutes, but it automatically goes to no sound mode stayin in loud profile.

any one from bb support team please? i offen miss very very important calls just because of this.. i have facing some more strange issues but want to fix this one first please.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I would suspect a 3rd party app. What apps do you have installed??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

these are all the apps that I have:
-A1 abstract colors theme,
-free basic red os6-7 theme,
-super ninja theme,
-timeplay,
-shazam,
-rogers my account,
-rbc mobile,
-fb,
-everlight pro,
-bb protect,
-bbm,
-bb app monitor,
-bebuzz, and
-app lock

All of these apps (except for the themes) I've had on other device and had no issues and I've tried removing the themes and still happens.
Guru II

Here's what I would do if it were me.

Make a full backup using Desktop Software.

Go into Settings and do a Security wipe. Just be you security wipe in the search.

Wipe the handheld including all 3rd party apps.

Now run the device for a while without your data band apps on it to see if the problem persists.

If it does, it's a problem with your data and/or apps.

If it doesn't then restore your data and see what happens. Then restore your apps from BB World. That should help us narrow down the problem.

Guru II

For the record, You are the only one I've seen complain about this so there can't be that many people out there insisting on using a very old computer with the latest technology.

I am quick to blame BB for many issues (and, yes, there are many, I admit) but I don't consider this to be one of them. Technology gets outdated and there is nothing you can do about it but keep up. I just don't think the requirements are that unreasonable. Find a good used newer Mac on eBay or buy a cheap PC for making backups. I'm sure you have to have a friend somewhere that might let you install Link so you can make a backup. It's time to think outside the box here rather than throwing up your hands a declaring BB to blame because you insist on using an old computer.