Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

Blackberry Bold 9900 - Orange (Not turning on, No red light flashing) UK

[ Edited ]

Phone:

Blackberry Bold 9900

Orange

Hi,

Basically my phone was working perfectly well yesterday, then my phone froze i then tried to restart my phone using the end call button or power off button (This took a while as it seemed to be lagging quite a bit) then when i went to turn it on again the red light flashed a few times and then stopped and the handset would not turn back on.

So far i have tried,

1. Hard reset (Taking the battery out then putting it back)

2. Charging (Device does not show any signs that it is charging)

3. Taking the battery out for a minute, then holding the end call button, reinserting the battery (while holding the end call button), then pressing the green call button and then alternating between the end call and call button (as advised on the vodafone website)

4. Connecting the device to my Blackberry Device Manager (both on my PC and MAC) where no device was detected

So far i understand that this is a global problem that seems to be happen quite regularly with these phones and there doesnt seem to be any advice that can actually fix this. It just seems a waste that hundred of thousands of these phones are distributed to people and they are all at risk of breaking, which i can imagine a lot people will not appreciate considering the price of this particular handset.

Questions

1. Is this a a recognised problem with this handset (BB Bold 9900)?

and

2Are there any fixes for this problem?

If there are any fixes letting any of those know how to fix this problem who currently have this problem would be a great help.

Thanks,

Drew

(PS If there is any other information that may be required in sorting this problem let me know and i will try my best to provide the information as accurately considering i cannot access any functions on my phone therefore finding the phone information out via the options menu would be impossible. Cheers again)

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 - Orange (Not turning on, No red light flashing) UK

Hi drewnicki2,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Since the BlackBerry® Desktop Software is unable to connect with your BlackBerry® smartphone, I would advise trying to force a detection by starting a BlackBerry® Device Software reload without your battery inserted. For further steps, please see the following KB articles:

For Windows® : "How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader" http://bbry.lv/IAfXWd
For Mac: "Unable to application load a BlackBerry smartphone showing JVM 507 or JVM 513 using BlackBerry Desktop Software" http://bbry.lv/J0V8BH

Please note that this process will remove all data from your BlackBerry® smartphone.
Since it is not detected by your computer, you will not be able to backup your data first. If you have a previously taken backup file, you can restore your data from that backup.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold-9930
My Carrier: Verizon

I am a Bold 9930 user and I assure you that it is a common problem for hundreds down here in Egypt I bought mine from california the day it was launched and had it sent down here in Egypt for being a BB fan but it was quite a disappointment really, I faced the same problem as yours two weeks after using it after that I am calling the company I bought the cell from "Cell Hut" and no answer so I called BB then and they told me that the guarantee won't work except with the company who sold the phone but as this is a common problem I cannot understand why from the beginning why don't they just recall these devices, Honda and Toyota has done that with cars I don't know how they are leaving this mess like that, today I went with my dad buying a new cell phone after being three years using BB and unfortunately bought an HTC Andiroid which really I personally didn't hope to reach that solution, at the end if we didn't receive the proper response for such a problem we will all gonna switch for another brands that are much cheaper and much more advanced.
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Digicel

I just had that problem and I tried everything you tried, but nothing worked. I would gladly appreciate some advise to fix this problem.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

Wow completely forgot about this thread but @keydell I actually think the problem I had was a faulty charger cable but I changed cable and left it for like 3 days cos it wasn't working and eventually I came back and it was charged and working... Didn't have to change battery or anything just left it for 3 days plugged in charging and it came back to life... Don't know if this will work but hope it does