Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone Qatar

Blackberry Bold 9900 Shuts down and won't boot stuck on loading screen.

[ Edited ]

So this evening after using the phone it had a red battery bar which is completely drain but there is still reception, I plugged the phone thru the wall charger and the last time I saw it was charging, I take a bath and when I checked my phone it was off while it's plugged, The power key doesn't do anythign or any button work it's completely off.

So I removed the battery and put it back again the red light appears and so does the loading bar but it's stuck in a certain end point repeatedly and won't boot. I knew the OS got corrupted since I had all the Bold models and had experience with this. 

So I plugged it in PC while battery was not inserted using desktop manager it asked me to update the device because it can't communicate so far I'm in the update process.  But I am so frustrated why would such an unstable OS be released I needed the phone so badly and it became unusable at the situation I'm in need, I mean I love Blackberry without doubt but this is strange luckily I knew how to fix it.

I just want to share this if anyone has experienced the similar problem they would have an idea how to resolve it.

So it is very likely that the new 9900 could corrupt randomly, I hope it will turn on after the update.

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 Shuts down and won't boot stuck on loading screen.

Hi, I am having an issue like this where my device keeps trying to reboot but will not turn on. The 9900 red LED lights up for about 10 seconds, looking like it's going to boot and then it turns back off and tries again after another 10 seconds or so.

I have already tried loading new software via desktop manager onto it, unfortunately the update can't get past the device boot stage... I have also tried charging, removing the battery and charging again to no effect.

Is there something else I can do to resuscitate my BB?

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: vodaphone

BB bold 9900 won't turn on too what should i do its just 4 hrs old

New Contributor
My Carrier: Cable and Wireless Panama & DOCOMO Japan

Same case for me, red LED light turns on for a couple of secs....then turns off, and continues to do that until it runs out of battery...

Please help! I just moved out of town (Panama) to Japan (Kobe), and have no communication...

Tks

My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: telus

when you updated it did you lose any data on your phone? 

New Contributor
My Carrier: Cable and Wireless Panama & DOCOMO Japan

I dunno, not sure since it doenst even boots...

Contributor
My Carrier: Airtel Malawi

Ok make sure you have BlackBerry Protect!Back up your data first and create a general backup on your PC using BlackBerry Desktop software!Remove your memory card and do a complete wipe including user-installed apps!Afterwards do a data resore through BlackBerry protect!