Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodacom South Africa

Blackberry Bold 9900 - Worst phone ever

It had everything to be great: Good camera, HD recording, nice keyboad, touch screen, slim... But you get: terrible batery. It last max 6 hours in a not heavy user. Browser freezes many times. And now.... The signal drops every 15 - 30 minutes. And it is not a coverage issue... I tested in many places. Was in a importante phone call and then, no signal. What is the point of having a phone where you can't rely on it. Read other topics and people complain as well, other suggests to download a new os version. I dont want it! I just want put my chip and use the phone, is it asking too much RIM? Have been using bb for 4 years now. Before buying the new bold many friends were persuading me: buy a iphone, buy galaxy... I know these phones dont haveamazing batteries, buy sureley have less issues than my bold 9900. Nds
Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers, Canada

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 - Worst phone ever

I have to agree. I've struggled with this phone for weeks. Signal drops out while standing in a location that my old Curve showed full bars. Unresponsive applications. Rebooting a couple of timed a week to cure odd errors - eg browser pages half full of bold characters. Touch sensitivity/selection is poor - at least half my selections are the wrong ones, which I can't tell until I wait a while for the page to load. Battery life is terrible - barely a day on a full charge and my call volume / browser usage is very low.