Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Blackberry Bold 9900 & Google Sync Calendar Issues

Sync worked fine for first 4 month I had the phone. Now it has several major issues: Duplicate calendar entries (sometimes 15-20 of the same entry), does not always sync correctly, contacts are not syncing. I have called and spoke w/ T-mobile many times and they are ZERO help. I have read the every blog and forum I can find. 

I know that Google Sync and Blackberry are not going to work together in a few months BUT I still need to be able to get rid of all of the duplicates and have the sync work until I can switch to something else. 

Thanks in Advance!!

Amy

New Contributor

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 & Google Sync Calendar Issues

Hi 

I had the same issue and solved it selecting the sync for the Contacts and deselecting the Calendar leaving the one of the Exchange server as the main calendar.

If Google added the duplicated entries you canopen the main calendar and organise by date of entry and then select the ones of the last sync (belonging to google) andremove them all. 

They then won't be added by the google calendar anymore in the BBerry.

Regards,

P

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 & Google Sync Calendar Issues

Instructions
Force the synchronization on the calendar by clicking the "Calendar" icon and clicking the BlackBerry button. Select "Properties" and remove the check from the "Wireless Synchronization" field.

Click the "Calendar" icon again and press the BlackBerry button. Click "Properties" again and place a check in the "Wireless Synchronization" field.

Force the synchronization on the contacts by clicking the "Contacts" icon. Press the BlackBerry button and remove the check from the "Wireless Synchronization" option. Repeat the process and place a check in the "Wireless Synchronization" field to restart the synchronization.

Turn the phone off by pressing and holding the red "Phone" button on the phone. Leave the phone off for two minutes. Turn the phone back on by pressing and holding the green "Phone" button on the phone.

Read more: How to Force Wireless Synchronization for a BlackBerry | http://www.ehow.com/how_7668225_force-wireless-synchronization-blackberry.html#ixzz2AspPAusL