Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: GiffGaff (O2 UK)

Blackberry Bold 9900 - common problem - Blackberry Maps (missing icon)

Hi.

I know there was a lot of about it, but I tried (I think) almost everything.

I'm in GiffGaff carrier (UK, based on O2). I have BIS. My carrier allows to use BB Maps as on my previous phone (BB 9780) I could use it.

I did all the upgrades through BB Desktop Software. My current version of software is: 7.1 bundle 2061 (when I go to applications on BB Desktop and I click on [i] next to Blackberry 7.1.0. System Software I have "Installed version" 7.1.0.714.

I tried to uninstall (then restart my BB), install (then restart my BB) BB Maps but it didn't help.

In "Settings -> Device -> Maps" I have "System of measurements: imperial", "Map display language: international", "KML Cache Limit: unlimited".

My "Application Management" shows that BB Maps are installed on the device.

I don't have the icon for it (and I haven't had when the device came to me), even if I enter "map" in search I don't have them (so it cannot be problem with "try unhide BB Maps icon".

Any other ideas? I would like to really use BB Maps again. It was really useful application!

Thanks

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 - common problem - Blackberry Maps (missing icon)

Hello skrzacik0

It seems you already done a lot to resolve this issue with BlackBerry Maps, But have you tried to reinstall it again ? Also have you call your Carrier O2 in this regard !

If you want to reinstall then first Delete BlackBerry Maps from Options > Device > Application Management > locate and delete BlackBerry Maps from that list , then perform a battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On .

Then from a PC browser go through this link  BlackBerry Maps and within there enter the email that is already integrated with your BlackBerry . It will send an email with download link , use it and see if you're able to install and able to view BlackBerry Maps on your BlackBerry .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

Hi, thanks for you reply. I already tried to reinstall it (see my post "I tried to uninstall (then restart my BB), install (then restart my BB) BB Maps but it didn't help.")

I had to do it by BB Deskopt as when I tried to do it by the link it says "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry Maps".

Secondly I don't see point of calling to GiffGaff as (see again "I'm in GiffGaff carrier (UK, based on O2). I have BIS. My carrier allows to use BB Maps as on my previous phone (BB 9780) I could use it.").

Elite II

skrzacik0 wrote:

I already tried to reinstall it (see my post "I tried to uninstall (then restart my BB), install (then restart my BB) BB Maps but it didn't help.")

I had to do it by BB Deskopt as when I tried to do it by the link it says "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry Maps".

Hey skrzacik0

I know you tried a lot of thing but still can you try it again using the method i told Smiley Happy 

skrzacik0 wrote:

Secondly I don't see point of calling to GiffGaff as (see again "I'm in GiffGaff carrier (UK, based on O2). I have BIS. My carrier allows to use BB Maps as on my previous phone (BB 9780) I could use it.").

skrzacik0 , I think here you're wrong because GiffGaff is your route to BlackBerry , and it is the GiffGaff who is providing you all those BlackBerry Services , they were able to Escalate issue to BlackBerry if needed . And most important you're paying GiffGaff monthly to provide all those BlackBerry services , If you're unable to use any then you should report them .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Highlighted
Contributor

Hi, I tried as you hold and the same message occurs.

I'll put a post on GiffGaff community, but in the meantime if anyone has other solutions or ideas, please. I'll try everything!
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: MTN

My BOLD 9900 lost MAPS after the update to Version 7.1 Bundle 1149.

Is there any way to gain access to MAPS again.

I really miss the handy GPS tool on my BOLD.

(Of course I have tried reinstalling, but to no avail)

Elite II

tamdee wrote:

My BOLD 9900 lost MAPS after the update to Version 7.1 Bundle 1149.

Is there any way to gain access to MAPS again.

I really miss the handy GPS tool on my BOLD.

(Of course I have tried reinstalling, but to no avail)

Hi tamdee

Are you using BlackBerry Maps without any issue before this software update ?

On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Application Management > Are you able to view BlackBerry Maps on that list ?

Have you tried to follow those suggestion that I already advised !