Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Personal

Blackberry Bold 9900 problems

Hello, 

I'm writing beacause I'd had problems with your products and I want to talk about this.

I was an Apple user, I had an iphone 3g, but in 2011 I bought an Blackberry Bold 9900 because I believed in the quality of your products. The experience was amazing, very good service and design, but starting the 2012 year my Blackberry Bold 9900 was broken. I charged on night and then wen I woke up, the mobile didn't start. I questioned in the official forum and official online support but nothing works. I thought that was a bad luck situation and I bought a new Blackberry Bold 9900 because it is one of the bests Blackberries. 

Today, I woke up and my second Blackberry Bold 9900 is with the same problem, an intermitent red light and the monile don't start. I'm very disappointed, I bought two expensives phones and now I can't use any. Please, I need a solution for this situation, still I think you are a number one company and don't understand this problem. 

Now I'm thinking if I can recomend Blackberry and if I want to buy a Blackberry in the future, because the problem was happened twice! 

I don't know what I have to do, please I hope your answer and I hope you understand me.

Thank you very much.

Matias

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 problems

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Firstly, as a user-to-user community, this site is not a channel for any formal communications with RIM. Rather, it is for users to try and help out others as best they can.

That said, there are a few things you can try...if you want to...you may instead want to go back in for warranty support and try again. While unlucky, it is certainly statistically possible for one person to receive two defective units.

Sometimes, the code simply becomes corrupt and needs to be refreshed -- just like a reboot:

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

You can also try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

If it won't boot up cleanly, then you may need to try Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in safe mode

There might be an updated code set from the carrier -- check them via this portal:

If all else fails, then one of these drastic measures might be needed:

But, be aware -- no amount of things you can try independently will be of any use if indeed the hardware is at fault...but such cannot be diagnosed at an Internet distance, either.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................