Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 shutting down randomly!

Hi Guys,

I found if a selected only 3G or 2G for the network mode this really helped with the constant shut down.

I seems when you choose the 3 & 2 G option everytime it automatically changes it shuts down and reboot's.

Battery life is still very short - 1 day normal use half day if you start using the camera etc.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Cell C

Blackberry wants to release the new Bold but we are't getting any answers for this problem! The BB support sites all over the world are full of users experiencing the same problem but still no sollution. Keep your wifi or bluetooth on is the only reply and with a phone with terrible battery life this is not ideal. If this was a cheap phone I would expect problems but for the price we pay for the 9900 you would think it will at least be able to do the basics, like stay on without bluetooth. I think BB produce great phones and I absolutely adored my other BBs but upgrading to the Bold 9900 feels like downgrading to me.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Taiwan Mobile

Marlisify wrote:

Blackberry wants to release the new Bold but we are't getting any answers for this problem! The BB support sites all over the world are full of users experiencing the same problem but still no sollution. Keep your wifi or bluetooth on is the only reply and with a phone with terrible battery life this is not ideal. If this was a cheap phone I would expect problems but for the price we pay for the 9900 you would think it will at least be able to do the basics, like stay on without bluetooth. I think BB produce great phones and I absolutely adored my other BBs but upgrading to the Bold 9900 feels like downgrading to me.

Exactly. I had the chance to get iPhone4S with good price when I upgraded to 9900. I thought it's a right decision. Now I really want to sell the 9900 and get a new iPhone 5. I lost 6 phone calls from my girl friend thanks to the automatic shutdown "feature" of 9900. I don't want to endure such stupid problems anymore. RIM, is it really hard to keep a cell phone alive?

Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

[ Edited ]

Hi Rosner/ Marlisify/ Frostydog,

Thanks for your Post...and its really bad feeling to know you all are having trouble with you Blackberry.

We need your help to resolve this issue. First of all please boot you handheld in safe mode using procedure provided in below URL.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB17877&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

If booting in Safemode helps you, then Please delete all 3rd party apps and monitor performance for few days.

if this not helps then please perform a clean OS reload using procedure provided in below URL.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB11320&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

Hope this will help to resolve your issue.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Taiwan Mobile

thanks for the response. I tried clean install but it didn't help. I have returned my 9900 for replacement yesterday. By the way, it will be my third replacement 9900..
Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Hope this time, everything will be normal...

My Device: blackberyy bold 9900 touchscreen
My Carrier: t-mobile

Same problem with bb 9900 bold touch screen..first of all, if you want to save battery, uncheck wifi..even if u don't used wifi and its on, it uses up a lot of. Battery..the thing about freezing is that yra you gotta update the phone..but even though u update there will be times it will still freeze..my friends when this phone first came out it was excellent but its already **bleep** although it still looks fineSmiley Very Happyits time to get iPhone s5 in maySmiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi Michele,

My phone had the option of selecting 2G 3G or 2G & 3G combined

Everytime it switched between 2 and 3 G it had to re-booth

If you select one or the other that should sort your problem, well it sorted mine anyway