Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry Bold 9900 won't turn on

[ Edited ]

Aprox. 1 month ago I was going back to Holland from my vacation in Montenegro. I was listening to music in the car and suddenly my phone went off, I was literally trying to turn it on every 10 minutes.. But it didn't work. ( My phone was fully charged)

A week ago I went to some phone shop and asked if they can figure out what the problem could be, so he looked at my battery and the thing at the square bottom was red.. At the bottom of my phone the square was red also.. But it doesn't make sense, there's no way my phone was in contact with water because it was in my pocket all the time.

When he told me there's nothing I can do, I just gave up and put my phone away... But after doing some research I just found it weird.. What can I do? Is there any way I can fix my phone?

Thanks in advance.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 won't turn on

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

At an internet-distance, it is rather impossible to second guess what a qualified hardware technician has given you as a diagnosis. If you don't trust them, then you should find another...in-hand evaluation will always be much better than internet distance.

But, if you 1) believe that the diagnosis is true and 2) want to try something, then...

Run, don't walk, to this FAQ:

Do everything it says, including waiting the maximum recommended time (perhaps longer...perhaps 5 days). Applying power to your BB between it getting wet and doing this process reduces the chances of success. Further, the only thing predictable about moisture intrusion into a BB (indeed, any electronic device) is that the results will be unpredictable. I've seen some come back up right away and be fine. I've seen others never work at all. I've seen still others run for a bit, and then die later. And every thing in between.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................