Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Blackberry Bold 9900

My phone is displaying PHONE NOT ALLOWED MM6

I have contacted my O2 provider and they say all is OK with my SIM and the phone is not blocked or any other issues they are aware off.

The SIM work OK in my other old basic phone.

As the phone was not purchased from them they do not want anything more to do with my issue.

I have tried to contact Blackberry but they sent me back to my provider to contact Blackberry.

Can anyone help me!

The phone is brand new and has been in use for several weeks now without any issues.

I charged it up yesterday afternoon and it has SOS ever since and when I try to make a call it tells me. You can only make emergency calls. Insert SIM or contact service provider.

Any ideas please.   

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Passport, Z10 and PlayBook 64Gb
My Carrier: Proximus (BE)

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900

Most probably this must come from a built-in provider restriction (in your BB device I mean).

Where was it originally purchased? You should turn to this operator to figure out where the problem is.

I guess there is a (very complex) method to figure out these restrictions by reading one file on your device. This procedure is described somewhere on the internet. Maybe Google could help you with this if you want to go down that road.

Smiley Wink

------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to mark as "solved" if your question is replied and to "like" a useful reply to your post ;-)
Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

PHIL_77 wrote:

My phone is displaying PHONE NOT ALLOWED MM6

I have contacted my O2 provider and they say all is OK with my SIM and the phone is not blocked or any other issues they are aware off.

The SIM work OK in my other old basic phone.

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

It doesn't matter if the SIM works well in another phone.

In many cases, it means the device IMEI or PIN has been blacklisted on the provider, such as a reported lost or stolen device. It could simply mean the device IMEI or PIN is not properly registered on your network

To resolve this issue please contact your service provider to verify the BlackBerry® smartphone is registered correctly with the mobile network and it also can be an issue with the SIM card. That's the most common solution to this error.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

Messagepads wrote:

I guess there is a (very complex) method to figure out these restrictions by reading one file on your device. This procedure is described somewhere on the internet. Maybe Google could help you with this if you want to go down that road.

That really makes little sense. If you know of a link or solution, just post it. It's not 'forum etiquette' to just tell someone to "google" it. In many cases, that's how the user got to this forum in the first place.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Highlighted

PHIL_77 wrote:

I have contacted my O2 provider and they say all is OK with my SIM and the phone is not blocked or any other I have tried to contact Blackberry but they sent me back to my provider to contact Blackberry.

You need to call O2 and ask them to ESCALATE this to RIM, if they are not able to resolved, don't let them just tell you to contact BlackBerry.

Knowledge Base Updates