Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and Cannot be Restored -- Has Anyone Else Had This Happen?

For me I think the trick was to completely reboot my PC and make sure nothing else is running.

Also use the Blackberry Desktop software.

I've also seen some tutorials in YouTube for people having problems doing the update.  You might want to check that out - involves a slight bit of hacking (nothing too difficult).

Contributor

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and Cannot be Restored -- Has Anyone Else Had This Happen?

Yes I also pulled the battery and connected to the PC without the battery after restarting my PC.  THat may have also done the trick.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Digicel

lol well i was trying and it wasn't working at 1st but it started eventually, i'll let you know how it goes. Tnx

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9930

You all are pretty amazing -- helping each other out like that! Allan, I hope it works for you.
New Contributor

Did you ever find a fix for this? Did it happen with your new refurbished Bold replacement. I am on my 4th one. Each time same thing. When my phone gets to battery too low for radio use, i know I will have a brick in the morning after charging. Rim should have many, many, many customers with same problem. i know of 5 in my small group of partners.
Contributor
My Carrier: UTS

perhaps for the peeps which 9930 isnt bricked "yet" they need to install a batt app which warnes them if the batt is like lower tha or 15%

New Contributor

Or offer a battery that lasts a bit longer?
New Contributor
My Carrier: Digicel

oh well I've tried it, 3 times no luck . i'm not getting any further than "reconnecting jvm" not 2 mention techlawyer, verizon has not yet replied to my messages. 

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9930

I'm sorry these things haven't worked for you. As for getting a replacement from Verizon, I think you should actually talk to someone on the phone rather than sending them messages. In my case, since I was out of the country when the problem happened, I called the Verizon global support number using Skype. After trying to fix the problem, they agreed that it was not possible and agreed to replace the phone. If you get a tech-support person on the phone from Verizon, they may insist first on trying to fix it, although the problem by now is sufficiently well-known that that may not be necessary. In any case, I think it's better to talk to a live human being at Verizon rather than sending a message.
New Contributor

I am an Enterprise customer so each time my BB dies, it is a major pain to get it replaced since it needs to go through IT and activated through the company. I have my 4th one coming to me as we speak and my BB sits on the desk as a paperweight.  I find it funny that when you spend 500 on a BB, they tend to get it to you quickly, but when you are asking for a new one, they send you a refurbished one and send it ground unless you pay more for expedited shipping. 4 or 5 days without a BB.  Seems to me that before they send out the refurbished one, they should run the battery to a "battery too low for radio use" state and then try to charge it to see if it comes on or dies.  Seems pretty simple to me. Don't send out a refurbished until that test has been successful in many attempts to kill it.