Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and Cannot be Restored -- Has Anyone Else Had This Happen?

I went to the Verizon store and it took 5 minutes for them to recognize the problem as a known issue and start processing the replacement.  I agree though that they should expedite the shipping for free.  If you don't pay extra, you get 5 day shipping.

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9930

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and Cannot be Restored -- Has Anyone Else Had This Happen?

[ Edited ]

Thanks for posting this. I'm glad it worked for you. It's what they should do and, as far as I'm aware, what they have done for anyone who has this problem.  But I also agree that they should provide expedited shipping without you having to pay extra.

Contributor

I received free shipping when I took mine back for replacement over 6 weeks ago. I think they could tell I was in no mood to be nickle-and-dimed by them at that point.
New Contributor
My Carrier: bmobile

This happened to me one month after I got the phone from Sprint in Miami. I have no warranty because I'm Trinidad. Now, today, the keypad stopped working...I'm tired of these problems with 9930!!

Cryssie
New Contributor

New Contributor

Any updates to this issue?  It has happened twice now  on my phone.  Somehow played with it a bunch the first time and no clue how but all of a sudden it booted up and I was back in business.  No such luck today.  No matter what I try like I thought did the last time is it booting.  I have multi batteries for it and I know they are charged up because I have a seperate charger now for them.  So dissappointed because I really really like this smart phone other wise.  Hopefully someone has discovered a work around or some magic combination of keys to press at the same time or some such?  Anyone??? 

Contributor

Have you updated the device OS to 7.1?  Just curious to know if it's ever happened yet to phones with the latest software installed.

New Contributor

Will I did your steps successfully about 3 weeks ago and all has been great!! My 9930 has been even better than before with the updated OS. I love this phone...until today. Alas this morning I awoke to a brick once again. Arggggg. And this time your trick is NOT working. Argggg. So I guess it is off to Verizon to get a replacement. They told me replacement was NOT new but a refurbished 9930 which sounds like I will be getting a "used" phone and this one was brand new in Sept. Once again this is the best phone for my business use and love it. But this is so agrivating!! Any new suggestions?
New Contributor

yes...in fact I was really happy on OS 7.1 and several improvements made the phone even nicer. But the darn thing was a brick again this morning even with new OS 7.1 - off to the verizon store tomorrow I guess.
New Contributor

I recieved my 4th 9930 yesterday from Verizon(refurbished). Charged it and am waiting for it to show "Battery too low for radio use" to see if it bricks again.  I would think that would be the first thing they test before sending back out to the public.....