Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Digicel

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and Cannot be Restored -- Has Anyone Else Had This Happen?

Thanks techlawyer, so what procedure should i adopt?
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and Cannot be Restored -- Has Anyone Else Had This Happen?

I'm assuming that, like mine, your phone bricked after charging -- and displayed that slowly blinking red light.  I'm also assuming you purchased it through your carrier.  If those assumptions are true, then I suggest that you go to your carrier and request that they replace the phone.  The failure that we are discussing is now a recognized defect in this phone (or in the Operating System for this phone) -- RIM has admitted as much --  and, in my opinion, the carrier  should replace it regardless of when you purchased it.

New Contributor

Well my situation is exactly like yours, I'll contact Verizon and I'll give you a feedback. Thanks
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9930

Good luck! I look forward to hearing back from you.
Contributor

Well, after upgrading to OS 7,1. I charged my Bold last night overnight (although not from a fully depleted battery) and woke up to a working phone.  Charging overnight again tonight.  

One complication I experienced after upgrading is that a couple of days afterwards, the Enterprise Blackberry activation disappeared - just wiped out.  Had to contact my IT department to get another activation password to activate it again today.  Pulled the battery and it stuck.  Will report any other oddities I may encounter.

Has anyone else done the upgrade?

Contributor
My Carrier: UTS

Did your phone kept rebooting all the time. i tried installing the update but it does not work due to the fact that the phone keeps rebooting and the update cant beinstalled if the phone is not on

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Movistar

Well everyone, after trying and trying for about a month on fixing my bb in every single way possible, today it came back to LIFE!!!! it looks like bb released a fix after all.

I did the following:

1. Connected my bb without the battery.

2. Opened blackberry desktop software

3. Update

4. When trying to reconnect to jvm I inserted the battery and hit retry a couple of times

and Done.

I hope this helps.

Contributor

Congratulations ahmad!  I can't believe you waited that long.

I'm on night 2 of overnight charges without incident..

New Contributor

So ahmad and voldange hey, explain to me how you were able to update the device in this state cause i'm having **bleep**ty luck tnx

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Movistar

Thanks voldage, well allan you need to connect your phone to your pc without the phone battery and open your blackberry desktop software. I explained in my previous msg what i did next.

Ley me know what happens.