Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Blackberry Bold 9930 Will not turn on after charging

I have been a long term fan of Blackberrys! My first being the Pearl, then the Curve, and now the Bold 9930.

On January 4, 2012, I decided to pay the money and upgrade to the bigger, faster better Bold 9930. Everything worked great up until one night I plugged it in before going to bed. I awoke the following morning to a Bold 9930 that would not turn on. Took it back to the Verizon store where I purchased it, they tried pulling the battery, plugging it in without the battery, and installing a new battery, but to no avail. Ultimately,  they said there was a problem with the phone, and that they would replace it with a new Bold 9930. Three weeks after recieving the new replacement Bold 9930, same exact scenario!  Plug the phone in overnight, and will not turn on in the morning. The difference being I am now over that magic 14 Day fine print "new phone replacement agreement" window, and Verizon is now only willing to replace my "New Phone" with a "Refurbished phone". ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I have spent two solid days trying to resolve this issue, not to mention the impacts this has had upon my business! In my business, reliability of communication through my cell phone is absolutely critical, and by far outweighs all the cute bells and whistles that come along with this phone. 

Based upon my own experiance with my two brand new Bold 9930 phones, and after doing my own on line research, I realize that there are a significant amount of Bold 9930 Phone owners experiancing the same exact problem. It has also become obvious to me that although RIM may not admit it, but you have a serious product defect issue to resolve with the Bold 9930. As previously stated, I have been a fan of Blackberry for years, but if the the best RIM can do is replace my "New" Bold 9930 with a used "Refurbished" Bold 9930, then It appears that I will have no choice but to seriously consider another phone manufacturer.    

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Will not turn on after charging

Hi Mitcoconsulting,

When you remove and re-insert the battery does the LED flash at all?  Have you tried using different chargers with your device?

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Will not turn on after charging

Yes, both myself and Service Techs at two different Verizon stores have tried just about everything short of completely dissassembling the Blackberry. Led flashs for a short time than nothing.

Thanks