Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Bold 9930 upgrade failed and software will not load

I have a Blackberry Bold 9930 and yesterdasy I received a msg  stating to upgrade to 7.x Blackberry software . I followed the prompts ( took a long time like 2 hours to download ) , and then proceeded . Big mistake as it cooked my phone . It seems that when you upgrade , the upgrade process goes thru but stops after the time zone restore process and reports an error 602 along with a reset button to reset back to your database . The reset button did not work and I rebooted the tel to restore the db . At thsi time it rebooted , started the process and again it failed after the msg stating time zones ( 100 % and Overall restore process 7 % )  . Time zones just about completed but then I got a msg stating err I belive 602 . Over all progress was around 5 to 10 percent . Now my phone is junk as it will not reboot . Verizon says that they have a lot of phones across the country but BlackBerry says it is a Verizon issue ..  Anyone ever hear of this as I am now without a tel for 4 days while I get a replacement on Friday due to the Holiday ...  I am not very happy as another issue I found - during the upgrade process it used the Cell network instead of my home wirelss to download the software and it really took about 2 to 3 hours , then another  hour before it failed during the upgrade process  . So approx . 3 to 4 hours playing with an upgrade yesterday . 

Thanks

Rich

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 upgrade failed and software will not load

Hello merlin02131

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Sorry to hear about the issue you're having during Update !

But you can always use Desktop Software for the Update process, personally I never prefer doing an Update Over the Air. I think something gone wrong with the Update process and as a result you're having this error 602 .

Do you have a Backup of your device or using BlackBerry protect for backup ?

If you wish you can try a few method to recover your device from this error , all you need is a PC and an active Internet connection . But please note this method will delete user data within that device . Here is the Knowledge Base to follow :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Additional Information :

KB29237 : "App Error 602" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 7

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Right on the money !!!!

kb10144 worked  I did have to upgrade my desktop version as it had a later version 7.1.0.41 . Outside of that it went exactly like the kb article which I am truly greatful !

Only challenge now is to get my contacts off of Verizon's cloud (  excell ) and figure out how to load the excel file in my phone thru desktop software .

Again I cannot thank you enough as my tel is up and working !!!! I had nothing on my tel yet as I did not wish to put email or anything else on it at this time so the reload was no issue at all !!!

I will def use the desktop software and make a back up as well as check here for update off my pc versus downloading to my phone directly off the wire  or wireless ! went MUCHJ smoother as well .

Regards

Rich O'Connor

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi merlin

I'm glad that you followed those Instructions and recovered your device itself Smiley Happy

You can join in whenever you feel any issues with your device , after all is your own Community Forums sponsored by BlackBerry Itself !

Regarding your issues with Contacts off Verizon , I suggest you give a call to them , afterall that much they should help as you pay for those services .

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.