Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Bold Bluetooth/Voice Dialing Problem

Hey all.  I ride a motorcycle and have a Nolan 91 Helmet fitted with their bluetooth system.

I had it paired with my Blackberry Curve and when I pushed the button on my helmet, it would kick off voice dialing, which, for what it is, works well most of the time.

I have just got a Bold, and the helmet still paired with the Bold just fine.  Except, when I push the button of the helmet, all it does is dial the last person on the phone that I called and does NOT kick off Voice Dialing.

I assume this would be the same situation with any Bluetooth headset.  Is there a way to fix this... because at the moment, the Bold is useless for me while riding, no matter how pretty it is.

...Skeeve

My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry Bold Bluetooth/Voice Dialing Problem - 2 years later

Smiley Mad Same thing here 2 years later. It just does nto work and RIM seems to not be looking into a solution.

Forums Advisor II
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Bold Bluetooth/Voice Dialing Problem - 2 years later

That you have the same system as the OP two years earlier is interesting.  Accessory manufacturers generally work to make their devices compatible with the phone and not vice versa.  You more likely have an issue with the manufacturer of your Bluetooth.

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Blackberry Bold Bluetooth/Voice Dialing Problem

I have a 9700 bb bold and by pushing the talk button on the headset it kiced off voice dialing for several months since i got it. Was using an old jarbra headset. All of sudden last week, it stopped working and would not kick off voice dialing. The jabra talk button would automatically call the last number dialed upon connection and when pushing the talk button on the headset. My jabra actually broke so i bought a new Jawbone, it sometimes redials the last number when connecting, but I still can't fire off voice dialing with the talk button, I get a beep but nothing happens. I tried holding for several seconds and it still doesn't work. I have to grab the phone and use the hot key on the side of the phone to fire off voice dialing.

My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Sprint

I have exactly the same problem with the Tour.  It just stopped working (voice dial activation via bluetooth headset button).  Tested the headset on another phone, no problem.  I will go to Sprint and see if they can fix it.  Unreliable software is SO annoying!

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

My boss and I got identical Bold 9930s on the same day.  The "voice dialing over bluetooth" worked with mine did not work with his.  I connected his headset to my phone - it worked.  I connected my headset to his - phone it did not work.  Conclusion - some setting he made on the phone (or got automatically imported from his previous phone) caused it to not work. On his phone I went to Options->Security->Security Wipe.  I *ONLY* wiped "User Installed Applications".  I did NOT wipe "Emails, Contacts,etc." or "Media Card". When his phone powered back up, voice dialing over bluetooth worked.