Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Bold Data not working BES/Rogers

This is what I had to do for TMobile. If you have Wi-fi, use it to go to www.operamini.com. If not download on your computer and transfer to phone.  Download version 3 because it has a network setup wizard. It will install and then it will try to connect.  Shut off your Wi-fi to make sure you are trying to run in the wireless internet. If you are still not connecting, then go to options>advanced options> TCP    on the first line after APN:, type:

wap.voicestream.com

Hit the back button and save. Run your network setup again. Make sure your wi-fi is off to do this. This is what works for me.  I was told that once tmobile has the support for the bold, we won't need this walk around anymore and to go in and delete the wap.voicestream.com anymore. Then you can change your default browser from hotspot to internet.  Once they create the internet service book, we can stop. This browser is a third party browser. If you have problems with it, then you will have to go to their tech support. Neither RIM or TMobile are supposed to help with this.

hey, i have the same problem. please share your ticket so I can call rogers.

robkevin@gmail.com 

New Contributor

Hi there im having the same issue, can you please give me your number so i can have rogers fix this. thank you for your help sales@bottlecaptees.com
Highlighted
New Contributor

If I did get a ticket number, I don't have it anymore. I'm sorry. My hard drive crashed and I just got my computer back from the shop about 2 weeks ago.  I would have logged the ticket number on my computer. The reason I say "if I did," is because the guy that helped me said not many support staff with RIM would do the walkaround he set up for me. If they can get that information from the phone number I have, then please e-mail me at mskelbel73@tmo.blackberry.net. 

Also, since T-mobile doesn't yet support the bold, There is a lot of apps and such that don't work well for me since the service books don't get pushed to the phone. 3G is not in my area yet. T-mobile is telling me that it won't be until '09 until it activates here. The EDGE network is terrible in my building at work due to the electrical interference of what I do. My battery is drained in less than half a day due to looking for signals. Sadly due to these issues, I have ressurected my Curve-TEMPORARILY! I can't wait until it is all in place. I still get the Bold out and work with it at times and I wish T-mobile would get their stuff together! It is so beautiful and  Fast!