Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Bold Data not working BES/Rogers

Hi,

Anyone know why a new Bold I received from Rogers cannot receive 2G or 3G data?  According to Rogers all account info is activated and my issur not is a Tier 2 tech issue with networking and RIM.  Any one else experiencing this?

John

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Blackberry Bold Data not working BES/Rogers

Try:

Pulling the battery out of the device whilst it is turned ON and not connected via cable to anything. Very important its turned on.

Once it loads back up, ensure it says 3G in top right hand corner.

Then go to options > Advanced > Host routing table> Menu button and select Register now. This updates the info on the RIM relay.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply, I already went through this with Roger's Tier 1 support and it did not resolve it.  Any other ideas?
New Contributor

Having the exact same problem. Rogers and RIM have confirmed that my plan is provisioned properly.

I have already:

-Pulled the battery

-Registered Host Routing Table (hundreds of times)
-Sent service books from BIS site

-Removed SIM card and put it back in

Rogers has escalated this issue to Tier 2 but I have absolutely no confidence in Rogers. 

Anyone have any idea how this issue can be resolved?

I'm getting lower case 'edge' and no data services with 3G.

New Contributor

It sounds like we are having exactly the same problem, are you trying to activate BIS or BES?
New Contributor

I'm activating on BIS but I'm pretty sure the source of our problem is the same. According to Rogers tech support, this is a known issue with Blackberry Bolds. They won't register on Blackberry Relay servers.
New Contributor

That's is what I was told as well.   Wonder why us and not others, just curious, are you a new subscriber with Rogers?  Is this your first Blackberry?   I was with Fido before using a Blackberry Connect (BIS).
New Contributor

I had BIS account with Rogers for a while now. I just sold my 8800 and bought the Blackberry 9000 (bold). My data services work on every other blackberry device, just not the bold. I really want to know what the problem is.
New Contributor

Just thought I'd let you know.

I asked the Blackberry Technical Rep to put a note on the account saying the device was defective, and then I called Blackberry Customer Care and asked them to ship me a new Bold with a return envolope for this one. 

Now I'm just waiting for UPS to deliver my new Bold. 

New Contributor

I took these steps last week as well.   I expect to get it tomorrow, I will let you know.