Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Bold, Desktop Manager 4.6, and Outlook 2003 - can't sync at all

New to forum and looked through all threads to try and find someone with the same issue as myself.  I have the Bold and can not get the Desktop Manager 4.6 software provided to sync with my Outlook 2003.  On Windows XP and I can get as far as starting the desktop manager, connecting my Bold, starting to sync and then all of a sudden the Windows error message comes up saying the program has to shut down and send in the error report to Microsoft.  As you can tell from my explanation, I'm not top end software savvy, so this is way over my head.  Any suggestions to my problem?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Blackberry Bold, Desktop Manager 4.6, and Outlook 2003 - can't sync at all

Hi and welcome to the forums!

ALthough this sounds like an XP problem, I would try a simple delete on the PC.

Try deleting the intellisync directory and resetting the options for sync in desktop manager.

Thanks,

Bifocals

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11703&sliceId=1&docTy...

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bifocals,

Did as you recommended and still have the same problem.  When ever I attempt to sync the Bold, the program shuts down.  I think I'll have to read up on XP issues and see if there is something that needs to happen on that side and combine it with your recommendations.

Thanks.

Stephen

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter