Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Bold + MacBook Pro

Missing Sync for Blackberry works great with the Blackberry Bold -- granted, it's 39.95, but it works perfectly.

Been using mine now for about a month with zero sync problems. 

Highlighted

Hey 'primo'! Where are you from?

I am from the Dominican Republic...

Just got a Bold and having a problem with PocketMac that it never finishes the sync process.

Does that ever happened to you?  Anyone?

Hope that I can sort this out because if not I will have to return to my iPhone...  (no offense MAC, but BB still a much better device for emailing than the iPhone  ;-( ).

Thanks  

Hi, I thought this might also be useful for new MBP/Blkberry users:

http://evidentlyeverywhere.wordpress.com/2008/11/09/connect-to-internet-with-a-macbook-pro-via-a-bla...

Should let you connect your MBP at 3G speed via bluetooth Blkberry....

Let me know if helpful at all! 

New Contributor

Missing Sync for Blackberry works.

You have to pay for it though.

kill me now!!!!  have installed/uninstalled pocketmac and missing sync a zillion times.  have spent countless hours on the phone with every tech support person from at&t, rim, apple.  just spent 4 hours at apple store.  all with no resolution.  brand new macbook pro; brand new bb bold.  friggin things won't talk/work with each other.  WHAT TO DO?????  have tried every trick in the book.  upgraded software, jiggered with every preference etc.  NO solution.  PLEASE, if anyone has any big ideas i'd GREATLY appreciate!  holler....cheers...h

Well, I never got pocketmac to sync my berry and mac either. HOWEVER, they do sync now through Google. I can sync my ical with google cal and then it syncs automatically with my BB. Same for contacts.

See how to do it in the article I wrote here: http://www.googletutor.com/2008/12/10/the-5-coolest-google-applications-for-blackberries/ 

and: 

http://www.googletutor.com/2008/12/29/google-connects-calendar-to-ical/

use google sync to sync your google cal and contacts with your BB. then you can sync the same with your macbook pro! once set up, its all automatic :-)

Hi I am experiencing the same problems you have . Macbook pro (2008, Max OS X 10.5.6) with a brand new Bold. I have downloaded Missing Sync and the machine and BB will just not communicate. Have reinstalled and surfed the web to find a solution. Did you manage to get your problem resolved? if so what is the solution? .. Any help gratefully received . Best Regards David
New Contributor

Sexy Berry.

Did you manage to find a fix there? I'm having the same issue and have been through reinstalls and all the rest.... Just keeps stopping at the end and not going any further....

If it's a question of macbook vs bb i'm ditching the phone!

Al