Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Bold Release date

When the Hell is the Bold coming out for AT&T in the US I'm really starting to think that this phone doesn't exist.
New Contributor

Re: Blackberry Bold Release date

i feel the same way...it is advertised on the att website tho...so hopefully soon....you can sign up for them to send you an email when they do release it here...

http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/blackberry9000/

i heard it was supposed to be released oct.3rd...but here it is oct. 5th and no bold...so ...we just have to wait it out....its kinda pissing me off tho...

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Blackberry Bold Release date

Who is the OP yelling at? ATT certainly doesn't read these support forums...

Anyway --

It looks like the first half of November for the Bold release date -- ATT has scheduled release events across the country between October 15 and 30 -- then it usually takes about 2 weeks for the release. That's pretty much the same pattern ATT has used for the release of all their phones (except the iPhone)...

ATT can't release it until their 3G network has been built out enough to support it. THe iPhone 3G completely taxed their 3G system. Can you imagine throwing another 3G phone on top of that which is going to be enormously popular?  Hang in there, it will be out as soon as they can realistically release it. I've been using mine purchased in Europe on the ATT system for a month, and it works as advertised...just hang in there.