Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Bold will not reconize via USB with device manager or desktop manager

Hi,

I have tried a clean uninstall, and installed versions 4.5, 4.6 and 4.7 all clean uninstalls each time. The device manager does not find my bold and under the device manager it has usb mass storage device  twice, blackberry, blackberry sd, the two virtual ports for RIM and blackberry smartphone. all of these come into the device manager when it is connected and uninstalling them does not change anything. I am running windows vista, and on xp v4.6 worked like a charm. Does anyone have any advice or run into the same problem. the USB and modem installer doesnt incorporate into any desktop managers i have noticed as well.

Please and thank you for your input.

Super Contributor
My Device: 7230,7290,8100,8300,8700,9000

Re: Blackberry Bold will not reconize via USB with device manager or desktop manager

Hi and welcome to the forums,

try this two articles http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02640 & http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB13331

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If someone give you helpful hints, please click on Kudos.
If you issue is resolved, mark Accept Solution next to the resolution post.
Feel free to search www.blackberry.com/btsc to find your answers.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Blackberry Bold will not reconize via USB with device manager or desktop manager

Unfortunately,

None of these worked Smiley Sad, thank you for finding those links. I will keep trying them to see if for some strange reason, they do work. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Super Contributor
My Device: 7230,7290,8100,8300,8700,9000

Basically and desktop manager with v4.2 SP1 or higher works with Vista 

few questions:

- Is your XP and Vista two seperate machines?

- If Vista is a laptop, do you use a docking station? if so what if you remove if from the docking station and try again.

- Are you able to try with another Vista PC?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If someone give you helpful hints, please click on Kudos.
If you issue is resolved, mark Accept Solution next to the resolution post.
Feel free to search www.blackberry.com/btsc to find your answers.
New Contributor

xp and vista are two separate machines, it is a brand new desktop, i do not own another vista pc.
New Contributor

anyone have other input? thanks.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

Try these:

KB15486 Top 10 BlackBerry smartphone and BlackBerry Desktop Manager troubleshooting tips
KB00019 No PIN displayed in BlackBerry Desktop Redirector

And, when you say you tried a clean uninstall, was that following these instructions completely?

KB02206 How to perform a clean uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software
Message Edited by sdgardne on 08-02-2009 01:39 PM

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................