Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860
My Carrier: Maxis

Blackberry Certification Mark

Hi, I would be grateful if someone can help me with my enquiry on whether the Blackberry certification mark is on the Blackberry Torch 9860 (I am currently using this phone)? The reason is because I will be visitng Japan and will normally need to rent a SIM card with a company Softbank rental. They have told me that in accordance with the Radio Act in Japan, they are required to verify the customers' devices are compliant with the technical
standards under the law. Specifically, when customers rent a 3G SIM card, customers are required to show the Japan's technical standards conformity certification mark (i cant be able to attach the file with the image) that is either stored or affixed on the mobile phone at the time of pickup in order to verify the conformity with the
law. Therefore, I will need a confirmation on whether the Blackberry Torch 9860 has the certification mark in order for me to know if I am able to rent the SIM card upon arrival to Japan. Can you kindly advise me how I can check the technical standards conformity certification? Looking forward to your reply. Many thanks. Best regards,Leanne Cheah (Ms)