Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Classic

Blackberry Complaint / Feature Request - Please add category support for calendar Items already

RIM: It's December 2010, and thousands of people have repeatedly asked for category support for calendar items for years now. In BB OS 5 & 6 we can assign categories to Contacts and Task items, but still not Calendar items? This makes no sense to me.

Many people rely on categories to keep their calendar items organized, and I'm baffled as to why such a simple feature request has continued to be ignored. Obviously BlackBerry's DO support Outlook/Exchange category syncing, since I can see all of my custom categories through the Task and Contact apps. When I add a new category for a contact, it gets synced between Outlook/Exchange and my Blackberry. The support is there. But for a professional/business smartphone OS, I'm taken back as to how this feature could be missing from the calendar in the first place.

Rim, please give us a response--a glimmer of hope--something to let us know that you are listening to us and plan on incorporating a category feature into the calendar! If the Blackberry OS didn't support categories at all, that would be a different matter and I would understand that maybe bit more development would be necessary to support this. But the capability is obviously already built in!!! 

PLEASE listen to your customers RIM and give us this commonly requested feature as soon as possible!!!

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Complaint / Feature Request - Please add category support for calendar Items already

You do know this is a user to user, community support forum... not user to RIM or RIM to user, right?

I am not sure RIM will "hear" your complaint here.

Try bbsuggestions@rim.com

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Re: Blackberry Complaint / Feature Request - Please add category support for calendar Items already

Thanks for the reply JSanders. I tried to email this to webmaster@blackberry.net earlier but it was rejected by their automated system. I resent my message to the email address you mentioned. Thank you.

It's frustrating that there is NO feedback information on RIM's contact page or anywhere else on the website. I tried searching for 15 minutes with no luck finding an "official" feedback page. I even signed up for the "panelist program" a few minutes prior to receiving your reply LOL. 

With all that said still it's very irritating. So thanks!

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You're welcome.

I'd also suggest you call your carrier blackBerry tech support and make the point there, asking them to give it consideration on the next OS upgrade. RIM does listen to their partners.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Will do. Thank again.

My Device: .

Moved to General BlackBerry Functions & Features for better exposure

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I cannot download anything from my blackberry app world. It keeps saying an error has occured. Help?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello ,

you can get the information you need:

1. go here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-General/bd-p/appworld
  2. top of list, the grey topics are floated
  3. among the floated topics, one is named "An error has occurred. Please try again"
  4. read that topic

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hey Xandrex. Thank you. I changed my time zone & it worked Smiley Happy
My Device: .