Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8250
My Carrier: EDGE Wireless
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Curve 8250

Hello, I have a blackberry curve 8250, slowly but surely I have to press the menu button harder an harder to make the menu screen appear. This problem is gradually gettin worse an worse, I have fitted a new case to the blackberry in the hope that it would resolve it but obviously not. I have searched google an can not find anything that assists me in anyway. Can anyone shed some light on this situation for me? Maybe a fix? Or a new part number or something? Thanks Lawrence!
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: MTN

Re: Blackberry Curve 8250

I would suggest listening to your problem that it seems more of a Hardware problem rather software problem which cannot be resolved online.

So i would request you to visit your nearest authorised BlackBerry Service Station for your device.

Hope it resolves your problem!

New Contributor

I pretty much already knew that. Erm any parts that I can buy? Aint payin blackberry to replace a part that I can do. My phone is over two years old so out of warrenty so if I brake it its my fault!
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: MTN

Well you really need to change the Top Panel Screen gaurd, which if you get it replaced by Blackberry then trust me my friend it will be BlackBerry's problem to fix it back and ensure that you have a perfect workable device.

If you try to replace on your own, it could be a tough  call I guess (though not a hardware expertee but still with my experiance).

So for assurance visit BlackBerry Authorised Service Station.

Hope that resolves your issue.1

Visitor
My Device: Storm2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

have you tried just cleaning your keyboard?   over time keys can stick if not cleaned regularly.  take it to an authorized repair center (verizon, att&t, whatever) and ask them if they will clean your keyboard and see if that helps.  i would try this first before going thru all the hardware replacement stuff.

New Contributor

Ok guys thx a lot for your helps!
New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: vodafone india

hi

guys i need your help im have curve 8520, brought in october2011, and im facing problem with it, ie my phone gets switch off by itself and whenever i show it to service center they say that it need a software update, but in till date say alomst 4 month that i brought and it went to service center for 4 times but problem is existing same so pls help me what is needed to do, and why its happening.

vijay

New Contributor

Get your own thread lol
My Device: 8250 curve
My Carrier: 07527007473

hi my daniel i am having trouble with my blackberry i cant send any BBM but i top-up 3 times

My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Singtel

Can someone tell me the battery model that blackberry 8250 use?