Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Curve 8310 can it connect using WiFi

I am a newbie but consider myself somewhat of a techno file.

I just purchased this Blackberry Curve 8310The AT&T sales rep assured me that this model was WiFi capableHe has one and said his didI bought it on his recommendation of that statementIs this my Brooklyn Bridge?

This is the most frustrating  phone to work on as nowhere in it's application menu does it allow for a WiFi connection.

Am I incorrect and am I missing some simple toggle to turn that feature on?  

Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

ucffather

Contributor

Re: Blackberry Curve 8310 can it connect using WiFi

Hello Ucffather,

Unfortunately the curve 8310 does not have WiFi capabilities, its the curve 8320 that does.  Just to verify go to your Manage Connection icon, where you would turn on your Bluetooth and mobile network radio.  If you have an option to turn on WiFi then you device has WiFi capabilities, if there is no WiFi option in there then your device does not have WiFi capabilities.

New Contributor

I guess I was misled by an inexperienced sales person. I called him today to tell me how he gets wifi on his 8310 only to find out he turned it off and now can't seem to remember what app restarts it.

He told me his activated right out of the box as soon as he fired it up as he walked into his home.

On my Berry box there was a MAC address what was that for?

Thanks for your rapid reply,

Steve 

Contributor

Hello Ucffather,

Unfortuneately the sales person must not know what his own device modile is or he/she assumes all Curves come with WiFi.

The below link will bring you to a page on BlackBerry's website that gives the exact spec's of the 8310.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/device-detail.jsp?navId=H0,C221,P583#tab_tab_specifications

New Contributor

Alas I am returning this phone to the dealer to get a full refund due to the Sam's Club Salesman's error.  The manager of the kiosk admitted that they were misinformed by AT&T which caused alot of egg on their faces.

He did find out that the Blackberrys with the #2 in the model #'s are the ones equipped with WiFi.

Another sidebar: Blackberry Rim Just released a new model with more features to AT&T including WiFi, the Pearl 8120, but even with the rebate still way overpriced concidering the add ons one has to pay for...      

Re: Blackberry Curve 8320 and Jabra BT8010 Bluetooth Headset

Dear DSabor,

Need your advise badly.  I'm using the above Jabra bluetooth headset and it works perfectly when listening to music.  But it does not work with movies.  On 'Music' mode, I could select to activate speakerphone, handset or Jabra bluetooth.  But in 'movie' mode, I could only select handset but no Jabra bluetooth option.  Very frustrating!  Your help would be very much appreciated, thank you very much.

New Contributor

Yes I had the same problem on the 8310 with my Jabra Bluetooth  Stereo  headset

Hi, so did you manage to fix the problem? Thanks.
New Contributor

No I got very frustrated  and because I bought the phone  for WiFi  access  I returned it for a full refund  until  My new Tilt is available.....
Highlighted

OK, that's too bad.  Guess I have to live with it then.  Good luck to you too.