Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Curve 8320 Smartphone (Edge,WiFi) V4.2.2.180 (Platform 2.5.0.36)

I got this phone last week and I called my service provider and asked as to what the capacity of the memory card can hold. They told me that under that version the V4.2.2.180 could only carry 4 gb of memory card. I bought an 8gb of memory card. They told me the only solution that i could do is to upgrade my software to a v4.3 and this version could carry up to 8 gb of memory which is perfect for the purchase i made.

The question is How could i make my phone's Version to 4.3 instead of the version 4.2.2.180?

I tried downloading the desktop software v4.3 and it did not do anything..

Please help me with this dillemma.

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Blackberry Curve 8320 Smartphone (Edge,WiFi) V4.2.2.180 (Platform 2.5.0.36)

Hi and welcome to the forums,

According to this link on the BB database, you can run the 4gb card:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05461

Go to your carrier's Blackberry download site, and see what the latest version of software is available for your phone.

If they do not list a higher version, I wouldn't recommended upgrading. You will not be able to get support on an OS that has not been

verified by the carrier. You can use your memory card, but the BB will only recognize 4gb for now. After the upgrade is will reflect the entire

8gb.

Thanks,

If you need anymore assistance or information, lease let us know! 

If your question has been answered, please resolve the post using the options by the green kudos's star,

just put the resolution checkmark in the post that answered your questions,Thanks,

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter