Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8320
My Carrier: Meteor

Blackberry Curve 8320 - internet not working

erHi,

The internet has not worked for few months on my Blackberry Curve. I ahve tried removing the SIM card, rebooting etc but it hasnt worked. I  rang Meteor and they said everything was fine on their side so was nothing to do with them.

When im in a Wi-fi spot the apps on my phone work....the internet wont work.....and whennot in Wi-fi spot nothing workson the phone, i cant use the apps or connect to internet browser.

Any advice?

thanks

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry Curve 8320 - internet not working

Hi d_murphy

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

When you try to access Internet over you mobile network , are you getting any error message ? Those Data Plan are activated by our Carrier , are you sure that your Carrier has activated that in your account .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8320
My Carrier: Meteor

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have been able to get the internet previouslyt on my BB.

im getting a message - 'Unable to connect to the Internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider'. I have contacted the mobile phone company Meteor and they said everything is set up correctly at their side. Is this who you mean when you say carrier?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi d_murphy

The message Clearly indicate that your device is not provisioned with appropriate data plan , As I already mentioned your carrier had to provision those data plan which will push those service book in your device allowing you to enjoy those services , So please call or personally contact your carrier ( Meteor ) to know if your account is properly configured with BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS .

Here are few Knowledge Base which discuss this error :

• KB11678 : Unable to browse to any websites on the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB24505 : "Unable to connect to the Internet, please try again later" when attempting to browse on the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB13585 : Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 is unable to browse using BlackBerry Internet Service Browsing

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.