Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Curve 8330 from Sprint not recieving the new Apps

i have a blackberry curve 8330 from Sprint. I am missing about 80 percent of the applications. My girlfriend has the same phone and same version 1.0.0.28 and she is getting all the new featured apps. I cannot even find Shazam on my phone, it says no search results found. I have downloaded and reinstalled the app world 3 times and had the phone hard reset and just got a completely new blackberry and the same thing is happening. Everyone keeps telling me they have never seen anything like it at Sprint and i am pretty sick of hearing that. I would just like to know what is wrong because I have done all the troubleshooting. Please help I would really like to use my phone to its fullest.
New Contributor

Re: Blackberry Curve 8330 from Sprint not recieving the new Apps

I have the same problem. I completely removed the worlkd app rather than installing over it and I now have access to more apps. Be sure to also update your balckberry OS to the latest version.

With that said, I still cannot get Shazam even though it is supported on the 8330 curves. I got an OTA link but wheninstalled, I was getting a weird background not found error. I'm working through this issue now.

Does anyone have a confirmed link for Shazam taht work on the 8330 curves? I have the 8330m from Sprint.

Thanks!

Want to read select articles related to money or health that can really help you?

Please Visit:
http://creamfinance.blogspot.com
Contributor

I have the same phone as you and have the same problem.  Oddly enough, Shazam WAS there a few months ago and it's nowhere to be found in appworld and Shazam's website sends you to appworld to get it!
Contributor

Do you have the OTA link?  I'll try it!
Highlighted
Contributor

Please join our thread in progress:

8330m and AppWorld

The issue is that it's an "m" version of the phone and App World does not appear to recognize them as regular 8330 devices.