Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: vodafone

Blackberry Curve 8520 Error 552

Hi,

I have just tried to reinstall Blackberry app World on my Curve after it disappeard - I am now wishing I hadn't because my phone has frozen with a white screen and the message  'Reload software: 552.' I have done a battery pull on several occassions and it's to no affect.

Please can somebody advise me on what this means and is my phone now unusable. I don't have a cable to connect my phone to my pc either so I am at a loss after searching the KB intructions on other posts regarding the same problem. Am gutted as I have only had the handset 6 months and I use this phone for my business so having it out of action is highly annoying!

Thanks in advance of your help and assistance.

trout2ts

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Curve 8520 Error 552

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB18751 Error "Reload Software: 552" is displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone

Hopefully it contains something useful

Good luck and let us know

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: vodafone

Thank you for your reply.

I have previously looked at that KB and sadly it has not progressed me any further. I will need to go and purchase a usb cable and try with the application loader.

Failing that I have no idea!

Thanks again

trout

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

To recover from that error, you simply must have the USB cable. Everything that can be recommended to try requires it.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................