Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: pearl
My Carrier: o2

Re: Blackberry Curve 8520 charger port came out

i was wondering did you get any response or have you an update of any kind?  i have now had the same problem and am being told the same that it is not covered under warranty

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9300
My Carrier: carphone warehouse

it is covered under warranty by Consumer direct had advised me that I should contact Carphone Warehouse and request for a repair, replacement or refund under the Sales of Goods Act 1979. I'm waiting for a reply from Carphone Warehouse.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Orange

I've experienced the same problem, to be told orange cannot do anything as its 2 weeks out of my 12 month warranty. I'm not prepared to keep paying my phone contract when I have no phone to use my sim in. Has anyone contacted RIM? If so can I have their email please
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

There is no email to contact RIM, you do so through your contracted mobile service provider.

If your device is out of warranty, you need to contact a private repair house.

Good luck!

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

Hi I had the exact same problem after only 3 months. When I removed my charger the port came out for apparent reason! And the software crashed repeatedly and I lost my bbm contact 3 times and the phone restarts when it feels like it!

My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Vodafone

Has anyone from the UK had any resolution on this. My daughters phone had issues charging and we have been told by Vodafone that physical damage.  So far still arguing with no resolution!

Has anyone had a reply from Trading standards  as this has to be Not "fit for purpose"

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Orange

Im with orange and basically if you ring blackberry it is down to your network provider to sort the fault out. If the port has come out then it cannot be repaired. After 3 days of battling with orange I had to settle with paying £40 for a new handset due to it being out if warranty. I am unhappy with both Blackberry and Orange and I wouldnt recommend either of them again! Hope this helps
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: developer

I am having the same problem.......... Any solution of the problem?????????????????????

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Maryam_Bokhari wrote:

I am having the same problem.......... Any solution of the problem?????????????????????

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please read this thread...all information is already posted. This thread is discussing a hardware issue, and only a qualified technician with hands-on the device can possibly diagnose and/or repair it.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: blackberry cuve 9300
My Carrier: vodafone

My curve had the same problem , it happened when I was taking my charger out my phone and the charger slot came out , I am lucky enough to be with a gd company who gave me a brand new replacement