Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: MTN

Blackberry Curve 8520 won't start

Hello

I have an issue with my blackberry . After upgrading my facebook application , and rebooted , once i see the home screen , i get an error , and the device reboots . I can't get to the options and hard reset because it doesn't let me . Is like a loop , restarts by itselfs , gets the error  reboots again . I can't use my phone . Its a shame to get my phone destroyed because of an update .

Is there a way to hard reset it without accessing it ? I have tried to remove the battery for a few seconds and plug it back in but doesn't work , same error , reboot .

Please someone help me .

kind regards

shak

Solutions: 6,347
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Curve 8520 won't start

Start your device in Safe Mode.

Go to Options > Advanced > Applications and scroll to the Facebook app and delete it.

Then, restart in normal mode.

Article ID: KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17877

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

How to get in safe mode? I tried to have the escape button hold on , but nothing happens . It only loads the loading bar

New Contributor

I got in safe mode , as soon as the screen appears i get Uncaught Exception , then the error appears and the reboot occurs . So safe mode doesn't work . Is it possible i could connect the mobile to the pc , and try to hard reset it with desktop software without opening the mobile ?
Highlighted
Solutions: 6,347
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

shak, yes that would be my next try.

Connect to the PC and run the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

You should get a popup to update or repair or cancel.

Click on Update.

This may delete all your information off the BlackBerry, and may restore it. Hopefully you'll get a restore.

If not, you may be starting back with a totally fresh device. If you have a previous backup of the device, you can restore.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code