Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Rogers Canada

Blackberry Curve 9300 Memory Card specs confirmation please

I am about to buy a memory card for my 9300 Curve online.

BB specs web page says:

Memory

BlackBerry Curve 9300

• 256 MB flash memory/256 MB SDRAM
  • Expandable memory—support for microSD card

======================

I have found this item online:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/280984989199?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648#ht_2030wt_952

as an example ... 

Basically I am looking for a 32 GB card by searching this

"SanDisk 32GB MicroSD Micro SDHC"

Is this the right fit for my BB and also, can  the BB Curve 9300 handle 32 GB?

--- I'm waiting for a telepathy chip to be installed in my earlobe ;-) ----
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Curve 9300 Memory Card specs confirmation please

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Device model number is not relevant...rather, device OS level is...refer:

• KB05461 MicroSD card sizes supported by the BlackBerry device software
  • KB23393 How to check the model number and version of installed BlackBerry device software on a BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Hi thanks for the clear instructions. Unfortunately, my Curve 9300 doesn't show the version under Options. It seems the instructions are for a 

On BlackBerry® 6 and BlackBerry® 7

On BlackBerry Device Software 4.2 to 5.0

I poked around a bit but didn't find anything under Options that looked like it would yield the software version.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Device Software 4.2 to 5, 6, and 7 include pretty much everything. Did you notice where it said "sometimes this is within a folder called Settings"?

Did you also notice where you could obtain your version information from the Desktop Software?

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

I do not have a folder called Settings. Yes, I did read your note.

I have not yet installed Desktop Software on my computer. I was  hoping to get it from the mobile device on its own.

Hall of Famer III

Then there is something odd about your BlackBerry that I do not understand, for all BBs have the "about" information available to them so as to review exactly this information...or so I thought, until now, it was "all" of them. I'm at a loss as to how to help you then...for knowing your OS level is the required information to knowing what size SD card it can support.

Contributor

Just to be clear, my Curve 9300 is not a BB 6 or 7 is it?

And software I can't know until I do this, so not sure how the second line re software version applies.

Hall of Famer III

anitaroy wrote:

Just to be clear, my Curve 9300 is not a BB 6 or 7 is it?

I don't know...I can't see your "about" screen.

anitaroy wrote:

And software I can't know until I do this, so not sure how the second line re software version applies.

Ummm...what? Are you saying you are on the About screen and can see the information?

Sorry...I think I'm confused...

Contributor

Sorry about the confusion.,

I meant ... the words "On BlackBerry® 6 and BlackBerry® 7" impies that "6" or "7" are model numbers. So I thought I have a 9300 not a 6 or a 7.

I guess they are not model numbers from our dialogue. They must be software numbers. I don't know that much about BB model numbers. 

That range from 4.2 to 7 should cover all of it, right?

Yet, under Options, I see nothing that looks like Settings or About.

Hall of Famer III

You are correct...BB6, 7, and 4.x and 5.x etc are all BB OS levels. Major changes happen at the first number, with the BB7 series being the most recent non-BB10 OS levels. OS levels are actually 4 octets...e.g., 7.1.0.742 is within BB7, while 6.0.0.184 would be within BB6. You can see all 4 octets on that About screen (well, most everyone can...still not sure why you can't).

Pre-BB10, BB model numbers were (for the most part) all 4 digits long, with no periods (no octets). You have a 9300, I've got a 9550 lying around somewhere, and have had a 9860 in the past (and many many others).

BB models can run different OS levels...some span the major OS level differences (e.g., some models had OS available both in 6 and 7) while others have only one major level available (e.g., the 9860 was released after OS7 came to exist, so they didn't bother ever creating an OS6 for it).

So all in all, somewhere in your BB screens, you need to find the "About" information so that you can actually tell what OS level you are running.

What, exactly, do you show under "Options"?