Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9300
My Carrier: 02

Blackberry Curve 9300 Trackpad AND Scroll not working!!!

I have a Blackberry 9300 and the scroll as well as the trackpad clicker are not working. Has been like this on and off for the past 4 weeks or so but have been able to fix it by removing battery and rebooting.

Have also been using the method of removing battery and sim, then pressing the metal plate at the back along with pressing the trackpad clicker button; and then re-inserting battery and sim.

Since yesterday both the above methods have not been working and now I am left with a phone that doesnt work basically. I have unread texts and emails but cannot read them because the scroll and clicker aren't working!!

Does anyone know of any other ways in which it can be fixed? Any advice much welcomed!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: Blackberry Curve 9300 Trackpad AND Scroll not working!!!

Hi Dandyr

Welcome to http://supportforums.blackberry.com

My advice and it is recommended you carry your BB is a specialized technical service.

In your case you have damaged trackpad.
You should not touch other parts of the computer because empeoraste things.

Take your computer to a technical service guaranteed, specialized and reliable to accurately verify your problem with your BB.

• Response you like me? Want THANK? Click like.jpg
  • If it was the SOLUTION click "Accept as Solution"!
  • #bbm.original.png4LL original.png  #ichooseBlackBerry10 @Gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Blackberry Curve 9300 Trackpad AND Scroll not working!!!

This seems to be a common problem with the Curve 9300.  My friend and I both have curves and have experience Trackpad freeze ups and complete cessation of function.  He had one trackpad replaced and it has started with his new trackpad.  I would recommend just going Android because you can still use BBM by app.