Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry Curve 9320 Powering Off

Correct model number in subject now. 

My Curve 9320 developed the powering off problem which meant that I had to take the battery out repeatedley. I also blew on the contacts  to make sure they were clean.  Now I sent it away under so called warranty (Brand new Feb 2013) and Vodafone tell me it is water damaged!!!

It has never been near water, just in my pocket or bag and me taking the back off 50 times to power it up.

What an ABSOLUTE RIP OFF.  A hand set with a fault and now a company who get out of any warranty obligations by claiming you put the phone under water or something.  Never again Blackberry or Vodafone!!!!!!!!

New Contributor
My Device: bb 9320
My Carrier: vodafone india

Re: Blackberry Curve 9320 Powering Off

bought new 9230 curve 3months back. till 2 months it was working perfect but from last 1 months i am facing problem of cell getting dead anytime during usage suddenly. even if the battery shows 100% charges, afte use of 20-30 minutes , the cell phone gets dead, and i need to remove battery and insert it again after 1 minutes, and bb starts again, by this doing bb can work only 10 min. more.. and again its in dead state. i doubt that it has battery problem, so i replaced it new fully Charged Battery, but unfortunately it has same problem continues.. also, i tried with one more troubelshooting bu means of charger connected to battery, my bb works perfect with 2-3hours..with no problem.. but if i use bb without charger , it gets into dead state within 30mins.. please suggest what is the issue and how to solve if anyone can help , it would be really appreciated.. Thanks in advance. Krunal.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Blackberry Curve 9320 Powering Off

Hi Krunal

Seems like you have the EXACT problem that I have. Only way of powering up is to remove the battery.  It takes maybe a couple of attempts then it stays on for a bit.  Exactly the same with mains power supply it works OK.  Exactly the same, a brand new battery in my phone does not cure the problem.

There a lots of posts suggesting software upgrades etc but my phone is with Vodafone rip of repairs so I cannot try.  Check around and PLEASE post if you find a permenant cure.

Whatever you do, do NOT blow on the battery terminals in the phone.  This set of water damage senosors and my waranty is invalidated.  It seems this will happen with high humidity, steam from cofffee, rain, sweaty pocket etc etc.

Apple will pay 53 M $ lawsuit as same sensors in their iPhones which also invalidated their warranty were shown to be unreliable indiactors

http://harvestcellular.net/iphone-warranty-coverage-settlement-lawsuit/ 

Blackberry should be ashamed of the reliabilty of this handset and Vodafone should be ashamed of supplying their products and then just hiding behind invalidated warranty on the basis of water sensors especially as I explained what I had done trying to cure the problem.

good luck and let me know