Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Orange

Blackberry Curve 9360 Frequently shutting down at random

Having some real issues with my blackberry shutting down at random. Somtimes in my pocket, somtimes when its just sitting on a table, often several times in a day. No, before you ask, its not getting unlocked and shut down by accident. Ensured its not just a low battery issue, as it happens even when it has been fully charged for several hours. When it eventually boots back up, it seems to have forgotten the time and date. It is, very inconvieniant. I am however by no means an expert when it comes to phones, as this is the first one i've had that does anything more than call and text, so any help or advice anyone could give would be greatly appriciated. 

Random Details: 

Provider: Orange

Model: Curve 9360

OS System: Had some real issues finding this, ill write down what i found (though its probably incorrect). 7.0 bundle 1825 (v7.0.0.400). 

The only app i've downloaded onto it is sky news, and the battery has been replaced and played with many different ways to no improvement. 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Curve 9360 Frequently shutting down at random

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

If your BB remains under warranty, it may be just as well to cease any further diagnostics and seek support from your warranty service provider.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Carrier: Orange

Appriciated, safe mode doesnt appear to be helpng as the issue is still happening. Will see what orange have to say, although they havnt yet been helpful when it comes to phone problems. 

Cheers. 

My Carrier: AT&T

I seem to be having the same problem with my blackberry curve 9360 from at&t. I have tried reinstalling the OS (7.1) but it keeps happening. I don't think its a software issue, I thinks its hardware. Help please!!!
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

sticky876 wrote:
I thinks its hardware. Help please!!!

Since you've self-diagnosed to that point, you are therefore beyond any help that can be provided at an internet-distance. You therefore need in-hand support from a qualified BB hardware technician. If you remain in your warranty period, you can try seeking support via that. If not, then you'd need to find a local (to you) shop with a qualified BB hardware technician to provide you with a proper diagnosis and estimate.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................